Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retr0gamer........... You're in the well!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

digitiser destroyed me

hmmm another quick fire-

Playstation 1 or Saturn ?
    ps2 or dreamcast ?
    streets of rage 2 or sonic 2 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Jazzy wrote: »
    digitiser destroyed me

hmmm another quick fire-

ps2 or dreamcast ?

Saturn
    dreamcast
    sonic 2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Jazzy wrote: »
    ps2 or dreamcast ?

PS1. The saturn is a great console. For pick up and play action and arcade ports it can't be beaten but when it comes to the sheer amount of quality games and the range and variety the PS1 wins hands down.

PS2 or Dreamcast? Tough one. I'd say Dreamcast until sega stopped supporting it then the PS2 went ahead and beat it in the end. It would probably have been the DC if it wasn't discontinued due to the quality on that system compared to the lacklustre releases on the PS2 during it's lifetime.

Sonic 2. For me it's the pinnacle of the series. Streets of Rage 2 is a great brawler but i think later arcade games beat it. Sonic 2 is a platformer matched by none other than the mario games and a select few others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

1. Earliest memory of gaming?
    2. Longest time spent on a game?
    3. If you could stop time in terms of gaming gernerations, what would it be?
    4. Recommend 1 game to a person who has never played computer games (PC or console) that will instantly get them to understand what it's all about.
    5. What is the best gaming system in your opinion?
    6. What do you think of the introduction of 'achievements' / 'trophies'?
    7. Can you go back and play through old games without them (or would you buy them from the arcade store now just for the glowing feeling when you hear that sound)?
    8. What are your top 5 games at the moment (can be all-time or currently playing)?
    9. What system do you currently do most of your gaming on and why?
    10. What's the worst game you've ever played that you seen through to completion?

These will be the standard 10 questions asked initially. A new one will open up tomorrow for a new victim that has been chosen by Retr0gamer. This will remain open. This has worked out well so far. When we've a couple up, I'll post a sticky with a link to them. GG all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I hope it's still ok to ask questions here but I'm curious to know, who's your favourite Pokémon Retr0gamer? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

elekid wrote: »
    I hope it's still ok to ask questions here but I'm curious to know, who's your favourite Pokémon Retr0gamer? :)

Sure ofc. The threads will remain open.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

elekid wrote: »

I had a thing for pikachu for a long while but in game it's bulbasaur. He just rocks along with his evolved forms. I also love Magicarp. Totally useless but worth it for his evolved form. And he was funny in the cartoon (which rocked!).

Advertisement