Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

perma ban from parenting wtf?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You have a history of trollying and of inflamatory posting with in the forum and have been banned for this previously and not learned. That is why your access to the forum has been removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Thaedydal wrote: »
    You have a history of trollying and of inflamatory posting with in the forum and have been banned for this previously and not learned. That is why your access to the forum has been removed.

Can you explain what part of the post that i was banned for broke the charter of the parenting forum?

there was nothing abusive about it, there wasn't as much as a bit of bad language. it wasn't a troll it was used to make a point which posters after it stated that's what it did

this is not about my opinion being right or wrong on the fact it's if what i said was a bannable offence, I don't think it was and i'm yet to hear from anyone why it is.

please explain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You have been repeatedly warned for your abrasive and inflammatory posting which adds nothing to the forum. This was another example of that and as you can not or will not contribute in a constructive manner your posts are not welcome in the parenting forum any longer.

Can an smod/admin look into this please?

Thaedydal wrote: »
    You have been repeatedly warned for your abrasive and inflammatory posting which adds nothing to the forum. This was another example of that and as you can not or will not contribute in a constructive manner your posts are not welcome in the parenting forum any longer.

Can you explain what part of the post that i was banned for broke the charter of the parenting forum?

there was nothing abusive about it, there wasn't as much as a bit of bad language. it wasn't a troll it was used to make a point which posters after it stated that's what it did

this is not about my opinion being right or wrong on the fact it's if what i said was a bannable offence, I don't think it was and i'm yet to hear from anyone why it is.

please explain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

OK, taking something of an extensive look at this contribution, what the hell did you think was going to happen when you compare breast-feeding to masturbation on a parenting forum?

Whether you choose to believe it or not I've got something of a strong intent to adjudicate based on what's reasonable and just. And based on my interpretation of what that should be, your post added nothing useful to the forum, was more than likely intended to get a strong reaction and was plain idiotic. Almost anyone reading that post with any cop-on would realise that.

I wasn't aware of the massive (and I mean massive) amount of warnings and infractions you've picked up in your time here so far from multiple parts of the site but it's significantly more than your average user gets. And a higher level of bans as well. I didn't consider that when making a call on whether your comments were reasonable and acceptable but considering that after cemented the opinion that you're not particularly suited to posting on that forum at the moment.

I don't see any reason to allow you back into the parenting forum until I can be reasonably satisfied that you're not into waves of being inflammatory almost for the sake of it, which you currently appear to be. A few months without waves of bans and yellow cards would help. At that point I'd consider requesting the mod to readmit you.

Merely using the word "masturbation" has nothing to do with it and if you're not aware of that, you're never going to be able to get the rudimentary rules we have here. With the number of temp bans, warnings and infractions you've built up and continue to build up from all corners of the site, as one of my fellow admins sometimes says, it isn't us: it's you. I suggest that you stop doing what you're doing, it isn't doing you any good.

Short answer: As Simon Cowell would say, that's a no.

sceptre wrote: »
    OK, taking something of an extensive look at this contribution, what the hell did you think was going to happen when you compare breast-feeding to masturbation on a parenting forum?

the point was not to compare masturbation to breast feeding it was point out how natural something is doesn't make it right or wrong, granted masturbation wasn't the best comparison I could have made.

I understand that my previous comes into play in these situations, but all I'm asking for is a reasonable explanation as to why that post got me a ban. lets take it that it didn't really "add" anything even tho a number of posters posted on the same thread to state it was a valid point.

this doesn't make it valid or invalid but there users of that forum who think it is a valid point so who then decides who's adding something in a post or not? a mod? an admin? or the users of the forum?

I mean if we start banning people who don't "add" anything with their posts there would be very few people left posting.

I understand I can be a troll/inflammatory/blunt/a bit of a prick. but that wasn't the case in this thread, I made a point, possibly made it badly, but again that's not a bannable offense.

Whether you choose to believe it or not I've got something of a strong intent to adjudicate based on what's reasonable and just. And based on my interpretation of what that should be, your post added nothing useful to the forum, was more than likely intended to get a strong reaction and was plain idiotic. Almost anyone reading that post with any cop-on would realise that.

again a post not adding anything useful is hardly deserving of a ban? right?
    it wasn't intended to get a strong reaction at all as I thought the point I was making was very clear but didn't seem to come across in the post. I don't see how it was idiotic if you look at what the point was trying to say.

It's not, masturbation and breastfeeding are the same.
    it wasn't to suggest that women sit there flicking the nipple of themselves titillating people sitting down to a bite to eat.

it was just x is natural y is natural so playing the "natural" card doesn't cut it, but there's a lot of perfectly valid reasons breastfeeding should be allowed in restaurants but it being "natural" isn't one of them imo

that's all the post said, nothing anymore sinister.
    I wasn't aware of the massive (and I mean massive) amount of warnings and infractions you've picked up in your time here so far from multiple parts of the site but it's significantly more than your average user gets. And a higher level of bans as well. I didn't consider that when making a call on whether your comments were reasonable and acceptable but considering that after cemented the opinion that you're not particularly suited to posting on that forum at the moment.

Again, I understand that my previous has a baring on it, but I think it's unfair in this case as when you look at the point of the post there was nothing trolly/inflamatory about it and many users questioned theladyofdeath on this.
    I don't see any reason to allow you back into the parenting forum until I can be reasonably satisfied that you're not into waves of being inflammatory almost for the sake of it, which you currently appear to be. A few months without waves of bans and yellow cards would help. At that point I'd consider requesting the mod to readmit you.

I was months without yellow cards and bans before this one, I'd had a chat with hullbaloo and when was making a very cauntious effort to re-read before posting and not to be shooting from the hip etc, which is why this ban annoys me even more.
    Merely using the word "masturbation" has nothing to do with it and if you're not aware of that, you're never going to be able to get the rudimentary rules we have here. With the number of temp bans, warnings and infractions you've built up and continue to build up from all corners of the site, as one of my fellow admins sometimes says, it isn't us: it's you. I suggest that you stop doing what you're doing, it isn't doing you any good.

Short answer: As Simon Cowell would say, that's a no.

I think it has I think if I changed masturbation to any "natural" act we carry out no one would have blinked an eye lid, what the word mastubation did was bring some sort of sexual act in comparrison with feeding a child, that was not why the point was made.

again I'm not saying I possible used a bad choice of word or even worded the post wrongly so it could be misconstrude.

But i don't think it was a bannable offecen especially harsh when it's leading to a perma ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

No, masturbation wasn't the best comparison you could have made. You're splitting hairs on the "for mentioning masturbation" thing while ignoring what I said about it but for some reason quoting it anyway. Likening breast-feeding to masturbation on a forum dedicated to parenting is flame-baiting. You say you weren't deliberately doing that. At that point, I end up looking at your priors, and while you say you haven't had a card of any sort for months, you've got two yellow cards in June and a temp forum ban from another board in early July.

Your history is against you and while I could ignore that, it wouldn't be fair to everyone else if I did, even if I thought that was just, which I don't. I've said before that permanent bans are really bans of unspecified duration. As I said in the post above, I don't have a problem reviewing it after a few months of no hassle at all but not before then.

Fair enough so.

Ta.

Advertisement