Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Future Xbox Features

• 25-07-2009 1:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭

Whether or not in 12 months we see a new Xbox, with the video functionality that was previewed at e3, is still unknown, but what would you like to see in any upcoming Xbox?

I'd love a internal wireless adapter, possibly the ability to watch things (avi's etc..) from external hard drives, possibly blu-ray but it would have to not inflate the price of the overall console, and of course the natal thing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

miralize wrote: »
    possibly the ability to watch things (avi's etc..) from external hard drives
    Can't you already do this? I've watched numerous downloaded episodes etc from my usb stick no problem.

I think the wireless is OK as it is at the moment, if you want it you can add it on, maybe reduce the price of the adaptor though.

I wonder will they put a blu ray add on though, I think they would prefer to push the video marketplace instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

yeah you can but it only supports certain codecs and file formats. I'd love it to support mvs etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Fair enough, most of mine are xvid/divx I think so hadn't noticed.
    When I think about it I can't remember trying out a HD vid on it as I would usually watch them on my PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

A decent interface that is responsive, intuitive and easy to use.

A web browser that works (not like PS3's slow browser).

K+M support

Free Online with dedicated servers for games and support for mods. Perfect if it worked like Pc where clans and sites buy dedicated servers and have them public with admins to get rid of jackasses.

Get rid of Avatars and stop charging for stupid little accessories and for gamerpics/themes which are basically ads

Games install to hard drive like Pc where it speeds up loading times properly.

Silence and reliability from hardware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

joypads that dont require a cheesy battery pack

maybe another usb post or two and a card reader

built in wi-fi or reduce the price of the add-on

make the console and the power brick smaller.

reduce the whirring noise the console makes. its not as loud as a hoover or a jetplane like some idiots think it is but its still a fairly significant noise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

i heard the 360s replacement wasnt on the cards for about 3 or 4 years at least! maybe they will include natal but TBH who really wants a wii i hate that ****!

my 360 is fine as it is thank you very much ;)

god damn console whores lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

thebman wrote: »

I think we have that already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

docentore wrote: »
    I think we have that already

yup was the best update ever for the 360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I'd also love a big fat hard drive, possibly 750Gb - 2Tb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

thebman wrote: »
    A decent interface that is responsive, intuitive and easy to use.

A web browser that works (not like PS3's slow browser).

K+M support

Free Online with dedicated servers for games and support for mods. Perfect if it worked like Pc where clans and sites buy dedicated servers and have them public with admins to get rid of jackasses.

Get rid of Avatars and stop charging for stupid little accessories and for gamerpics/themes which are basically ads

Silence and reliability from hardware.

So what you want is for them to make a pc... thats called an xbox

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

xbox is basically a disabled Pc to begin with, so it's not like it's gona be a huge job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

xbox is basically a disabled Pc to begin with, so it's not like it's gona be a huge job

You can say that about most electronic items... mobiles, set top boxes, toilet seats... well, japanese ones anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah, and my phone comes with a browser and an irc client :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Servers gamers can buy! Works perfect on pc why not this?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

Reduce the noise level, improve the server situation, support .mkv, half the prices on XBL ..this would please me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

corcaigh07 wrote: »

make the console and the power brick smaller.

I read on xbox-scene.com that the new arcades have smaller PSUs

http://x360.gx-mod.com/large_img.php?img=http://x360.gx-mod.com/images/news/alimatx/newalim150.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Support for MKVs, user created mods and clans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Web browser definitely. Make it quieter and a 2TB HD would be great. Oh and some extra USB ports, so I can plug all my ipods and other random things in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

Web browser definitely. Make it quieter and a 2TB HD would be great. Oh and some extra USB ports, so I can plug all my ipods and other random things in.

You could always try PC gaming ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

unklerosco wrote: »
    So what you want is for them to make a pc... thats called an xbox

Yes, I can't play console exclusive games on Pc and the hardware needs to be upgraded too much IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Yeah, the lack of USB ports is a little annoying... USB hubs are pretty damn cheap though, and you can then have everything neatly stashed away behind the xbox instead of wires coming out the front of it.
    I personally think its about time they put a cmos battery into it for the poor folks without xbox live... I mean how much can they really be saving by dropping that?:P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Web, FTP and LAN Network Share Browser.

Keyboard and Mouse support for sure. However, I'd even settle for an XBox only keyboard and mouse that worked on the same "circuit" was the wireless controllers.

Support for more USB devices like cameras (read it as a hard disk if it has to) and mid-band USB Dongles. With this, I'd expect a few extra ports.

Internal Blue Tooth and WiFi (b/g/n) support too as well as proper hard drives (1TB at least) if they're to push the DLC/movies/etc.

Advertisement