If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touch Screen Remote -from and older post of Johns/RSB

• 25-07-2009 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Just thought I'd dig this up as its a bl**dy fantastic piece of kit!
    I nabbed one from John the other week so he should have a couple left for two very lucky folk.

This replaces a 6yr old Philips Pront remote - which is now in retirement in the bedroom.

As a lot of you have pretty full on systems you NEED this remote - you'll never out grow it - mine is programmed up to control many, many devices from LD players + HD-DVD (yep, I just love buying into formats that will fail....) BR players, CD, DVD, Amp, TV, NTL (great for one touch channels - just turn their station logos into buttons) , ipods dock and even an old DV Camcorder and I still have over 85% of the memory free, even after customising the buttons and layout on my pc.

• Marantz RC9500 (Pronto) – Remote controls
    o Now just £149.95
    o Graded – direct from Marantz
    o See details here: http://tinyurl.com/nx4e76
    o Full colour Pronto remote including dock
    o About 3 available

This will be the best £149.95 you've spent and make you the envy of all your mates - Just think how cool you'll be when your friends see a sexy colour touchscreen remote on your coffee table rather than the usual cluster of boring button festooned remotes (shallow I know but still...)

Prehaps the best thing I've bought this year:)

Snap 'em up guys as they are worth far, far more than John is selling 'em for.

atb
    Ash

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Yeah,

Ash bought one of these from Richersounds last week and I'm amazed he is posting here as his missus does not know he has it yet! (as is normal with Ash the sneak - 'Oh darling I've had that for ages')

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

John
    firstly I'm a coward and havent told her (you know that as you helpd disguise it for me) - luckily she doesnt read Boards!
    secondly SHE hasn't bought anything this month for herself that I can use to justify my toy.
    Thirdly I only play with it at night, When she goes to bed and I'm on my own...the rest of the time it's stored (hidden) under the coffee table.....

But dont let my cowardice put fellow Boardies off buying one

Ash

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Free delivery, yeah? :D

How would this compare to the equivalent touch-screen Logitech Harmony?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

byte wrote: »
    Free delivery, yeah? :D

How would this compare to the equivalent touch-screen Logitech Harmony?

It looks like it'd blow it out of the water, I'm very interested.

byte

Aye, probably, though it was released about four years ago.

As these are graded, what kind of warranty is offered with these?

• Advertisement

Hi guys
    The harmony isn't in the same league as these. Devote some time to setting it up on a pc - download the Wizz.it software from Marantz site and it will be the simplest and most versatile remote you'll ever own. I will take abit, well a lot of time to really go to town with it programming wise but as I said before you won't grow out of it or find it restictive. It will change the way you control your system for good. Multiple commands at the touch of a button,no more juggling several remotes etc. Ive split mine in two -a more indepth side to access setup menus for all components and a slicker simpler interface for everyday usage.

Yes they are graded and have been discontinued but are no less functional because of it - I've been lusting after one for many years to rsplace my old mono pronto touch screen back when they cost £999 just no way I could justify one at that price so when I saw John clearing them out for £150 I had to have one!

I can pretty much guarantee this remote will out last all my AV components in my system for the next 5 years (my old pronto has up to now) they will be replaced as time goes by but I'll just teach the marantz the new codes and use the system as normal and add the supplied remote to the draw the houses all the unused ones.

I can't praise these things highly enough.

As far as warranty is concerned I'll have to ask John about that - never thought to ask him!

Guys treat yourselves :)

Atb
    Ash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

AshMiller wrote: »
    John

Thirdly I only play with it at night, When she goes to bed and I'm on my own...

Ash

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'll provisionally take one if you can tell me if it will controll my (pride and joy) archos 5 ;)

And Ash sorry about the above, but it needed to be done, you left it wide open :P

Hi Hick

Mind. In. Gutter!
    Now that I've re-read what I posted I guess I did set myself up for that eh?

As far as your archos is concerned if its IR controlable then yep no worries. It just wont control it if its uses a Blue Tooth remote.

I'll ask John to set one aside for you.

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭PETERDGRIFFIN

Is that £ or EUR. Will you set one aside for me pending that!

P

• Advertisement

Hi Ash,

Can you put me down for one subject to pm from you on the full deal tomorrow.

Cheers.

Hi Vestanpance

No worries your first on my reserve list.
    Will talk tomorrow

Ash

Hi Guys

It looks like I should be able to get my hands on 3 of these - to be confirmed.

That is a £ Sterling price on the unit - still an absolute steal at the price...

My reserve list (subject to a couple of questions being answered) is as follows

1) Vestanpance
    2) Hick
    3) PETERDGRIFFIN

We can set up a Marantz RC9500 fanboy club (or maybe not as that would be sad :o )

Cheers all
    Ash

AshMiller wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    We can set up a Marantz RC9500 fanboy club ....

Ash

TOO....MUCH......AMMO......

Thanks for the above answer plus reserve and thanks again for the 37PFL9604!!!! Spent the weekend playing with it, although I do have to ask a couple of questions, prob best on a PM?

byte

Woops! I thought I had written myself in as a contender for one, but it seems I didn't type that part into my previous post.

Anyway, put me down, should one of the other three pull out (pending price for postage).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

You snooze you lose.....I snoozed.
    Stick my name down for one if somebody drops out. Serious bit of kit that.

Hi guys

I'll keep you in mind incase some withdraws.
    Just sorry we/RSB don't have have anymore - John turned them when he was having a pre stocktake route about in Richer

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Darcy Dougal

If any of the above 3 decide against this, I'm next in line please!

byte

Any update on these? Are they sold?

Can't say anything about the other two but I bought one.

• Advertisement

Hi Guys

I should see these next week - John will be collecting them from RSB today.
    So far Vestanpance has bought one and the others are yet to confirm.

I'll keep the following Boardies - Byte, Moolers2000, Darcy Dougal in mind should either of the other guys drop out.

Might even start a bidding war......

Cheers
    Ash

Ash

if I decide to do my TV upg I'll pull out as funds will be diverted to that:D

Cheers

• Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys,

The Belfast Richerites are sending those Touch Screens tomorrow, Monday, Via courier so they should be in Tuesday/Wednesday latest - sorry for the delay!

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Cheers John

Guys I'll post up here when I get 'em in store.
    Hope you all will get as much fun out of them as I am.
    Oh go onto marantz web site and down load the wizz.it9 software this will let you customize it via your pc - you can spend days fiddling with it! (ammo for Hick there!)

Talk to you all soon
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 11 taqies

Can I be next in line please, totally forgot to say about it when ordered some stuff days ago. ;)

Taqies sure I'll put you on the list.
    Sure wish John was able to scrounge up more of these for you guys..........
    Any chance there John of that?????

Atb
    Ash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Hmmm, I bought a Harmony One there round the start of the year. One of my girlfriends mates sat on it recently and cracked the screen :mad: It still works, just that you can only see half of the touchscreen! Was going to just replace it with another Harmony One (how much do you guys do them for?) but this one looks quite interesting too. One issue I found with the Harmony was the delay in the signal being sent.

Oh and while I'm at it, I was meant to contact you guys before about the warranty thing you offer with purchases, I bought my receiver+surround setup off you a while ago, is it too late?

Any update on these Ash, do you have them in your possession yet?

Hi Guys

Just to let you know that the RC9500 have just landed into me.

I'll contact those on the 1st reserve batch when I get back to the shop.

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 scollie2005

Hi Ash.

Can you put me on the reserve list as well, just in case the other 6 or 7 ahead of me all decide to pull out (not likely, but you never know...)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.