If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touch Screen Remote -from and older post of Johns/RSB

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hey Scollie2005

I'll add you to the list but dont get your hopes up eh!!

cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

I have to laugh. In johnmc's original post there was no takers as far as I'm aware. Then along comes Ash, he gives it some sales speal (spelling?) and everyone wants one.
    Maybe ash should post the RS special offers from now on!!!! He'd sell snow to da eskimos!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

Right one lucky boardie is gonna prosper from my splurging

Ash, due to my most recent upgrade, I will have to withdraw from the Marantz RC9500.

Might have a goo at a prestigo when funds come back on, but for the time being the universal remote with the TV is doing the job, ta and best of luck to whoever gets it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

I'll take it

Haha!
    Maybe John should just give me a few toys to play with!
    Actually that's one of the reasons I'd find it hard to work in Richer way way to many temptations. You can only squeeze in so many (big) TVS into a house but CD and DVD players AV amps, power amps, processors,DACs and remotes well you can fit LOTS of these into your home!

Ah temptation
    Atb
    Ash

• Advertisement

Hi guys

As Hick has withdrawn (busy setting up his new TV I hope!) I'll offer it up to Byte as he was next boardie on the reserve list.

I'll roll on down the list from there

Cheers for the withdrawl notice Hick any question re your TV just give me a shout but I'm sure you've got it sorted after playing with your last one.

Cheers lads
    Ash

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

AshMiller wrote: »
    Hi guys

As Hick has withdrawn (busy setting up his new TV I hope!) I'll offer it up to Byte as he was next boardie on the reserve list.

I'll roll on down the list from there

Cheers for the withdrawl notice Hick any question re your TV just give me a shout but I'm sure you've got it sorted after playing with your last one.

Cheers lads
    Ash
    I'll take it, pending cost of postage.

Hi Byte

pm sent with postage rates.
    Have a looksee and let me know what you'd like to do

cheers
    Ash

byte

Mine arrived this morning. Thanks Ash for the quick delivery.

Now to figure out how to set up this baby! Doesn't seem easy!

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

byte wrote: »
    Mine arrived this morning. Thanks Ash for the quick delivery.

Now to figure out how to set up this baby! Doesn't seem easy!

Thanks for the business and it's no problem if you are having difficulties just hassle Ash :D:D he is a complete Pronto anorak (of worrying proportions!)

Enjoy,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hi Byte

No Worries glad it arrived safe and sound.

As far as set up goes yeah no worries I'll be happy to help where I can.

I've spent hours on photoshop modifing buttons etc
    Once you get your head around the Wizz.it9 software the sky is the limit.

Make sure you check out www.remotecentral.com lots of different screen/button styles there for it.

enjoy

atb
    ash

byte

remotecentral.com seems like it might be the best resource, though I donwloaded a few PCF files, and Wizzit9 rejects them.

Anyway, I'll struggle onwards. Might have dedicate some time to RTFM also :D

Thanks again.

Hi Byte

That's interesting I'll take my USB stick to work tomorrow (no Internet at home yet) and download a few pcf from them and play about at the weekend and report back. I never had issues with my old pronto & setup/templates from remotecental before.
    Have you uploaded the latest firmware for the remote (and the latest wizz.it software?)
    Can't say I have read the instructions for this but I've had years of practice with my old pronto. I'd did take a little while to get my head around pronto edit but once you Master the software they sky (and your skill level) is the limit.
    My experience first time around was to replicate every button from every remote onto the pronto but using it has helped my refine its layout. That's one of the things I love about it you can constantly refine it as you live with it.

Dedicate time to it's setup and you'll be rewarded with a slick and easy to us system.

Yep I love mine it's my baby!!
    John grab some more from Marantz and help me spread word!!

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

Ash,

I've been away for the last few weeks and I'm only getting into this now, unfortunately I have the same problem as Byte, did you have the same problem when you tried it?

Hi
    No, I've downloaded station logos from remote central and modified a few via photoshop and they worked ok. I'll have another crack at downloading a complete template and let you know how I get on.
    Ash

byte

Ash,

I've been away for the last few weeks and I'm only getting into this now, unfortunately I have the same problem as Byte, did you have the same problem when you tried it?
    B2-06 I’m receiving the message “this file type cannot be opened by this editor”. What can I do?
    Although multiple remote controls make use of Philips’ PCF file format, not all editors can open all file versions. For instance, Marantz Wizz.it cannot open a Pronto NG PCF, and ProntoEdit NG similarly cannot open color ProntoProEdit NG files.

However, there is a workaround:

Open the PCF file as an archive, either in WinZip or WINRAR. To do this you may need to change the file’s extension from “.pcf” to “.zip”. When you do so correctly you should see a “Bitmaps” directory and a “ConfigEdit.xml” file.

Now, edit the file’s comment by selecting Actions > Comments in WinZip, or clicking the Comment button in WinRAR.

To open a PENG PCF file in Wizz.it (B&W), change the lines that currently show as:

Type:005
    Version:003.000

to read the proper Wizz.it value of:

Type:009
    Version:001.000

To open a PPENG PCF file in Wizz.it, change the lines that currently show as:

Type:007

to read the proper Wizz.it value of:

Type:009
    Version:001.000

To open a PPENG PCF file in PENG, change the lines that currently show as:

to read the proper PENG value of:

To open a PENG PCF file in Wizz.it9 (color), change the lines that currently show as:

to read the proper Wizz.it9 value of:

Type:010

To open a PPENG PCF file in Wizz.it9, change the lines that currently show as:

to read the proper Wizz.it9 value of:

Type:010

Save your changes to the file.

You should now be able to load the files into the software of your choice. Note that the conversion may not work perfectly – for example, PENG does not support many of PPENG’s advanced graphical capabilities such as alpha transparencies, meaning that complex layouts will look rather poor with undesired effects around buttons.
    http://www.remotecentral.com/tsu3000/pngfaq-b2.htm

That's what I did and it worked.

I'm still suffering tbh. I'm working on Wizzit atm, making my templates to put on my remote, however, it's come to my realisation after hours of cursing, that the remote itself will under no circumstances work with Vista 64-bit (no drivers).

Luckily, I've XP on the laptop, so will transfer my PCF there when finished messing about with it...

It's a shame most of the templates on RC are towards US usage. I've not come across many for this neck of the woods with stuff for Sky, etc.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.