Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning an item to Aldi - a good customer service story

Options
  • 25-07-2009 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

Just to be different, I thought I'd post up a note about some good customer service for a change.

I bought an dual in car DVD player from Aldi last week which stopped working after 4 days of light use. So I brought it back to Aldi this morning and before I could get the words "It broke after a few days" out of my mouth, the manager came over, apologised, said it was the first one that had been brought back, that he didn't have any others left but he'd ring round other stores to source one if I wanted a replacement, or else I could have a full refund, no questions asked (or endless bs about how I/my kids might have broken it - I'm talking to you DID!).

I chose the refund option as the kids didn't really want to use it after the first day's novelty wore off (it made them carsick they claimed).

Anyways, I walked out of Aldi with my €120 in my pocket less than 3 minutes after I walked in expecting a long drawn out struggle to get a refund like you'd have to go through with most other retailers.

Full marks to Aldi. I'd have no trouble buying gear off them again despite my DVD player dying after a few days when I know that I'd have no trouble getting a refund.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement