Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Poker Commentators

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Big Bad Manus from The Eglinton does a good post match interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I think Jesse and Padraig are perfect commentators for the wider audience. They have a great rapport and do a good job of moulding an image of poker being fun.

Listening to Neill Channing commentate is scary. Not only does he possess such intricate knowledge of the game, but he articulates it very well. Having someone explain why widening your late position 3betting range against aggro openers is a good idea is actually bad for the "profitability" of the game. It only serves to educate the recreational players while such complex terminology puts off those who may be interested in getting into poker.

In saying that, I'd rather listen to Neill commentate over anyone else any day of the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Any commentator that says the phrase 'find out where s/he is' automatically fails.

Channing is terrific though. Very good.

Also, Gabe is pretty awesome. Some of his hand analysis is lol, but he's funny and interesting to listen to, and to a show with a wide audience like HSP, he does a great job.

Oh and for the last Premier League, Durrr and Annette commentated one heat each and both were great to listen to. Durrr is a crazy, sick human being.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Derolicte

Have to agree about Durrrr and Obrestad. Their commentary was a real breath of fresh air in the Premier League. Certainly beats Vicky Coren in my mind.

For me though you can't beat Gabe Kaplan. He's just plain entertaining. The guy can make any poker show watchable no matter how bad the action and table chat is. Sexton & Van Patten aren't too bad either although I can't stand the way Sexton flails his arms around in the intro to every WPT show. He's like a puppet from Team America.

Advertisement