Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OK payg sim

• 25-07-2009 3:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm going to England next week for 2 weeks and rather than roaming i'm looking at getting a local SIM.

So what are the different choices for cheap data use.

Looking for a bit of advice of charges for data use on various providers. Also at here I have the laptop and phone set up to act as a modem over bluetooth. It would be great if i could do the same over in the UK.

I need a Network initilization command they look something like this AT+CGDCONT=1,”IP”,”OPERATOR.CO.UK”, if anyone knows these it would be a great help

Thanks in advance..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

A 3 uk sim has the cheapest single MB rate at £1.25. T-mobile next at £1.50.

How much are you planning on using? Enough to package rather then using mb at a time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Am, If i could get somethign like we have here 50mb for a € would be great. I could live with 20mb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

The 3 uk option is a good one, all you need to do is topup for a fiver and you get the 150mb. Its valid for 90days, and as soon as you use the 150, topup for another fiver and it will give you another 150mb.

Vigrin addict will give you 1gb(25per day) for £20 that lasts a month.

• Advertisement
Advertisement