Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need to find clothes for a wedding (Galway shops are crap)

• 25-07-2009 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭

I need help!
    I have to find something to wear for a wedding at the start of september as I have absolutely NOTHING suitable. The shops in Galway all seem to be crap as, and though I can make it to Cork or maybe Dublin for a day, I'd need recommendations of specific shops to go look in as I don't have much time for browsing random places - I am not the most fashionable person in the world and don't know what's good bad or indifferent.
    It's not your traditional wedding as such, and the couple are pretty alternative in some ways so it doesn't need to be a fancy dresses and big hats occassion. This suits me as my style is pretty much lesbian tomboy lol, i'm pretty heavily pierced and tattooed so if I tried to do the little black dress thing I'd look ridiculous.
    I was thinking of getting a really nice sharp womens suit, pref something a bit different and individual but can't seem to find much out there. Since half the wedding is in a woods it'd be more practical too.
    Are there any shops out there worth looking into?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

the Limerick Brown Thomas stock Vivienne Westwood suits, they are SUPER sharp IMO and lend themselves very much to being vamped up if you wished, which might work for you on the day?

They are skirt suits usually tho.

Did you have a look at the Peter O Brien collection in A Wear Galway?

The collection have some lovely dresses which are pretty alternative and sort of ethereal, which would be a good sort of juxtaposition with the piercings and tatts??

I hope that makes sense:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 simplerose

This might sound corny but have you tried looking online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Did you have a look at the Peter O Brien collection in A Wear Galway?

The collection have some lovely dresses which are pretty alternative and sort of ethereal, which would be a good sort of juxtaposition with the piercings and tatts??

I hope that makes sense:o

+1

the Peter O'Brien dresses are just beautiful, and I think tattoos and gorgeous feminine dresses look amazing together. Have some friends who are into the rockabilly scene and they really work the beautiful tattoos and beautiful dresses thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

+1 on Peter O Brien...

Littlewoods do have nice suits, check out their autumn winter cat online to see them. I picked up a lovely black one last week for approx €105, but I know it will last a while. They do all types from dress suits to cigarette pants and the jacket to match.

Recently in Pennys in Gal (I know for a wedding but its lovely) I got a silver satin jacket (comes in full lenght or suit) €9 and the pants to match for €7. It also comes in a creamy/gold. It has a matching skirt too.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

thanks for the suggestions guys, but I'm really, really looking to find something that isn't a dress or skirt - I'm going to be uncomfortable enough being at a wedding anyway as I'm pretty socially awkward (though I hide it reasonably well) and I never, ever wear skirts or dresses normally. The only exception I'd make might be for a really sharp ankle length skirt. I might see if I can check out those Vivienne Westwood suits though. I'd completely forgotten Limerick was mean to be decent for shopping :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement