Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I've made a realisation....

• 25-07-2009 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

I was in Edinburgh last weekend....got shítfaced for the whole weekend. Went drinking all day on the Sunday and straight to an early house on the Monday morning without any sleep. Drank an insane amount over the weekend.

Then last night I was at a house party and only drank two cans - it was all I was in the humour for. This isn't the usual me.

The realisation is: I don't seem to like alcohol anymore....what's going on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

technically known as 'partied out'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

its just the metaphysical hangover.
    you´ll get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Your liver is partied out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

It that time of the month dude :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you need to move up to crack or speed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

steo87 wrote: »
    I was in Edinburgh last weekend....got shítfaced for the whole weekend. Went drinking all day on the Sunday and straight to an early house on the Monday morning without any sleep. Drank an insane amount over the weekend.

Then last night I was at a house party and only drank two cans - it was all I was in the humour for. This isn't the usual me.

maybe your coming out of your teenage years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Law of diminishing returns. The more you have of something, the less you like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

This sounds like a very serious illness.

I recommend you visit a GP.

Your liver is screaming at you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

CutzEr wrote: »
    This sounds like a very serious illness.

I recommend you visit a GP.

Good Pub?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Achievement unlocked.
    Now level 2........ Heroin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I'm taking bets on when will he take his next drink.

Law of diminishing returns. The more you have of something, the less you like it.

or law of diminishing marginal utility :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭derby7

Hi, my name is xxxxxxxx and .....

Ok, see ye all next week, bye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

steo it's probably aids. now you might aswell stop liking sex too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I've stopped drinking since a month ago. Passed out twice in five days, one of the times in a lake. I should probably be dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

K4t wrote: »
    . Passed out twice in five days, one of the times in a lake.

jesus!

never a good idea passing out in a lake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

You grew up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

technically known as 'partied out'

no its technically known in medical terms as..

"partiedictus outimous"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Your getting old. Welcome to the club. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

wudangclan wrote: »
    jesus!

He probably thought he saw him walking on the water before he pretended to be a submarine.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

How do you make a realisation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

See if any of your friend's have experienced this, maybe you just need some encouragement to get back to where you were.................... or just don't ever go back to Edinburgh!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

what's going on?

You're suffering from manliness deficit disorder.

el_weirdo wrote: »
    How do you make a realisation?
    from expression made me realize i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

soundsham wrote: »
    maybe your coming out of your teenage years
    Well one's teenage years usually involves "sessions" comprising four cans over a number of hours and the drinker practically losing consciousness... it seems like the OP left that stage a good while ago.

Advertisement