Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Fallout 3 DLC?

• 25-07-2009 4:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭

Ok so I finally used my 3v card and bought 4100 points. I downloaded battlefield but now I want to get one of the DLCs for fallout 3. I dont want to get that first one where its a simulation (anchorage I think its called) but what I want is the raised level cap so I can play the game and continue to Level up.

So basically which DLC is the best one out of them all that also lets me level up past 20?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

That would be Broken Steel.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Sounds like you want Broken Steel.

It basically lets you continue from where you left off.

EDIT: snap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Broken Steel is the 2nd last one wasnt it? If I got point lookout would the level cap be raised aswell or what would happen?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Doubt it. The other DLC's are pretty much self contained worlds. Broken Steel is an extension of the original game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Broken Steel it is so. Is the dlc itself good? I take it I can continue side quests that I missed in the orginal game also?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

joe123 wrote: »
    Broken Steel it is so. Is the dlc itself good? I take it I can continue side quests that I missed in the orginal game also?

Correct. Also, any future DLCs you get after Broken Steel will take into account any experience earned and help towards getting to level 30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Yeah Broken Steel is great. Played The Pitt too but that wasn't anything special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

The one to raise the level cap is Broken Steel.

I know you already have the MS points, but do bear in mind that you can get Anchorage and The Pitt on disc in stores right now, and a disc with Broken Steel and Point Lookout will be coming out in August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ok broken steal gives you the lvl 30 increase, but point lookout is by far the most fun dlc , theres another one out on Aug 3 called mothership zeta.

theres also one quick sure fire way to get to 30 in about 90 minutes or so from level one
    google scrap metal glitch - dotn think it was patched
    great for the karma cheevos :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Playing and enjoying The Pitt at the mo. Operation Anchorage is very poor though, and only worth it for the weapons and armour you get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Point Lookout is the best DLC... Followed by The Pitt I reckon. Broken Steel didn't so much for me, apart from the raise to the level cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I have to say, The Pitt
    gave me the hardest moral dilemma of my entire fallout 3 experience. Should I take the baby to the slaves or leave it there where it's being kept safe while helping to make a cure.

Broken Steel, I think is the best though and adds the most content. Haven't played Point Lookout yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

rizzla wrote: »
    I have to say, The Pitt
    gave me the hardest moral dilemma of my entire fallout 3 experience. Should I take the baby to the slaves or leave it there where it's being kept safe while helping to make a cure.

+1, I think The Pitt is better than OA and BS. I have Point Lookout, but I'm waiting for a nice, quiet day to play through in one sitting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I'm taking My time getting through this game and loving it so far. I'm up to lvl 11 already and haven't progressed too far in the main story yet. I've been through operation Anchorage which was ok but a bit disappointing. I bought it at the time cause it was on sale so figured why not.

Now I have 1000pts left and want to pick up another DLC and am thinking that Broken Steel is the obvious way to go. Thing is I've heard that it changes the ending of the game. Is it best to finish the normal game before getting this or does it not really matter that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

djkeogh wrote: »
    I'm taking My time getting through this game and loving it so far. I'm up to lvl 11 already and haven't progressed too far in the main story yet. I've been through operation Anchorage which was ok but a bit disappointing. I bought it at the time cause it was on sale so figured why not.

Now I have 1000pts left and want to pick up another DLC and am thinking that Broken Steel is the obvious way to go. Thing is I've heard that it changes the ending of the game. Is it best to finish the normal game before getting this or does it not really matter that much.

Finish the game first cos broken steel continues from where the main game ends. But you're right to take your time, don't rush through the main story cos you'll miss a lot of cool side quests. Plus Broken Steel would be pretty tough on lvl 11 I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

The Pitt is really good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

djkeogh wrote: »

Broken Steel comes after the main story, so you should pick it up now since it'll raise your level cap to 30 even before you complete the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Broken Steel comes after the main story, so you should pick it up now since it'll raise your level cap to 30 even before you complete the story.

Perfect thats what I'll do so. I'll have to pick up some more points for some of the other DLC's as well but raising the cap will keep things ticking over nicely. It seems quite strange to me that for such a huge game that put in such a stiff restriction on the leveling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭steve927

Point Lookout is the best DLC... Followed by The Pitt I reckon. Broken Steel didn't so much for me, apart from the raise to the level cap!

This dude speaketh the truth. DLkind of C's in order imho with 1 being the best amd 4 being the worst:

1) Point Lookout - Really enjoyed this DLC, nice change from the main game with lots of new characters, locations, goodies and a strong storyline.

2) The Pitts - It was decent enough but way too short and not very lively/busy. The ingots absolutely did my head in.

3) Broken Steel - Same as the main game but fairly short too. Finished the main quest but still have a few new locations to check out.

4) Operation Anchorage - Brutal. nuff said.

I think there are still 2 more DLC to come out but i'm not sure. I'd love to see a vehicle added, anything at all, crappy motorbike, truck, whatever. Even if one of those 1950 cadillac's could be fixed and used it'd be sweet:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

There is one DLC left, its out next month, Mothership Zeta. Its linked to the crashed UFO you see in Fallout.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭steve927

There is one DLC left, its out next month, Mothership Zeta. Its linked to the crashed UFO you see in Fallout.

I've read up on this, you go into space. If the reports are true it will be absolutely awesome!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 DanielL

just buy the discs from xtravision etc install and return . may not be honest but F it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 DanielL

oh and yeah id rate them

Point Lookout
    The Pitt
    Broken Steel
    Operation Anchorage

Advertisement