Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying for the GAMSAT at home or abroad

Options
  • 25-07-2009 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

I'm planning to study for the GAMSAT exam in March. With the GAMSAT, I have no real fixed abode so a license to live anywhere. If I were to stay in Ireland, I could claim the dole, but living abroad would be a new adventure and wouldn't be too much of a financial stretch if I were to move somewhere cheap. I have a 150 hours TEFL cert, but no experience, so a teaching job would be a possibility.

I'd be bringing all my resources with me so I wouldn't need a wonderfully stocked library. It's possible that living abroad would be too much of a distraction for me. So I could be looking at living in Ireland too.

Basically I'm looking for a city in Ireland with a university for the use of its library and the nightlife, or a slightly sleepy town abroad without perfect resources, cheap to live in but not too distracting, ie. Not Barcelona, Paris... More like Santiago de Compostella or Angers. I don't think I'd be looking at leaving Europe, but I'm open to any suggestions.

Advertisement