Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tablet & Pen for photo editing

• 25-07-2009 4:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭

Before I ask on the Computers & Tech section can anyone here recommend me a tablet and pen for editing photos - I'm getting the twitches from using the mouse

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

First you have to decide what your budget is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

TheBazman wrote: »
    Before I ask on the Computers & Tech section can anyone here recommend me a tablet and pen for editing photos - I'm getting the twitches from using the mouse

Cheers

I have been starting to have the same question.
    My budget would be around 100Euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

I haven't really done much research yet and I ain't no pro so something basic enough would do - certainly under €100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Start off with any of the trust, or one of the lidl ones. they're pretty much all under €100

Then you can progress onto a wacam, they're awesome :)

• Advertisement

Thats a bamboo, its tiny, only used for handwriting, it really wouldnt be worth getting

I'm still new to ROI and Dublin.
    Is there a shop where I could look at more than one in store?
    If so, where is it? (please be as specific as you can. I has a GPS but still don't know where places are yet.):o

Theres a shop just around the corner from the back of stephens green shopping centre (Woolshed) it has a good bit of choice, I think its calle millenium2000 or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Daz R1

FREAKY ! I was just looking at one of the cheapo's in Tescos today ,I think about 30yoyos ,will have to look a little more into to a wacom or similar as my optical mouse doesnt work on the glass table :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

i have a wacom intuos 3 a5wide

it was quite pricey about 350

but having used 2 or 3 cheapy ones and a smaller wacom one, i cant say enough those cheap ones are a watse in my opinion

I dont use a mouse at all now, i only use the tablet, but it does take a little getting use to

But i used it every day and comes as second nature now

the bigger wacoms are soooo worth the money over any of the cheap ones, so it might be worth saving and buy one of the bigger ones

• Advertisement

Cheers folks - I have a bit more research to do I think

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Oh man, I'd love a graphics tab!!

I'm not even using a mouse! Track pads really are a pain in the hole when it comes to PP.

Thank you, all.

I too have been functioning (barely) with just the touch pad on my laptop. Forgot to bring a mouse with me when we moved in November and haven't really missed it, but for photo editing and graphic work a tablet would be a "luxury".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Go for it, it is really such an easy to use tablet. I have cheap Aldi one and it is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Tallon wrote: »
    Thats a bamboo, its tiny, only used for handwriting, it really wouldnt be worth getting

That's not true at all. I have an even smaller one, the Bamboo One, and it's great for graphics.

Here it is OP - http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/621986/art/wacom/bamboo-one-graphics-table.html

It's a great price for something made by Wacom, and it will allow you to see if the graphics tablet setup is something you're comfortable with without having to spend too much money.

How does the graphics tab work anyhoo? Can you see the image on the tab? I assume so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭steelydan99

How does the graphics tab work anyhoo? Can you see the image on the tab? I assume so?
    No, you don't. In appearance I guess it just looks like a giant mousepad, and you move the "pen" over it to move your cursor, and tap to click. Some tablets have pressure sensitivity, so if you're drawing a line in a graphics editing program, and you start dragging the pentip over the tablet's surface, the line will get thicker if you press harder.

You can get graphics tablets where the image is shown, notably the Wacom Cintiq, but they cost into the thousands. The image is displayed typically on your computer's screen. Once you get used to using a tablet it's very intuitive, it just takes a while to become accustomed to it.

Ah I see! Makes sense:)

This would also solve my problem of not having a desk, and not having any room to get a desk, and using a mouse on my bed, which isn't ideal!

Where would be the best place in Dublin to pick up one of these?

I'm thinking of getting the Wacom Bamboo Fun. It comes to around €85 delivered on Amazon but I'd like to buy locally.

So, anywhere in Dublin that won't bend me over a table would be nice! :)

• Advertisement

Where would be the best place in Dublin to pick up one of these?

I'm thinking of getting the Wacom Bamboo Fun. It comes to around €85 delivered on Amazon but I'd like to buy locally.

So, anywhere in Dublin that won't bend me over a table would be nice! :)

Is this the one ?

http://www.dabs.ie/products/wacom-bamboo-fun-small-4PZ5.html?refs=50214

Daz R1 wrote: »
    It is indeed.

Is Dabs just an online store?

It is indeed.

Is Dabs just an online store?

Dont know never used it ,My friend use's it ,am currently looking in to building a machine ...

Dabs is an English based company, don't think they have much of an Irish operation...
    You can get the Bamboo Fun from Elara.ie for €72, and they're def Irish.

http://elara.ie/products/detailsfull.asp?productcode=MMEK100336&productID=S6045250

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

I've had one languishing inside my desk for almost two years. I should really try it out..

Just bought this for the GF. Great piece of kit. When this comes to Lidl I suggest you buy one :)

Advertisement