Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

petrol grass trimmer start-up help

Options
  • 25-07-2009 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi all!

I've just bought a Pro Cut petrol grass trimmer and I'm having a bit of a hard time starting the thing up. I've never used one of these before and the instructions are a joke and don't make any sense whatsoever.

As sad as it sounds, I don't know what the 'primner pump' is or where it is, or the exact procedure ofr start-up. The manual comes with no diagram on those features!

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The primer pump is a small plastic bulb that you squeeze with the tip of your finger. It squirts petrol into the carb. I usually squeeze mine 6 or 7 times. It usually starts no problem. The first start after the winter can be a bit of b1tch.

If you have a choke lever set it to full choke for start up and the back the choke off as the engine warms up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Start with a full tank of fresh petrol and 2 stroke oil mix

Press primer bulb until it firms up.
    Put choke on, and pull throttle and engage throttle lock button(should be near throttle)

Pull start until engine pops or fires, then stop and turn choke off.
    Pull until engine fires, once it is running at high idle squeeze throttle and release this will disengage the high idle and allow 30-60 seconds to warm up.

This procedure works for almost all 2T engines.

Advertisement