Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heading out on the pull

• 25-07-2009 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

I'm a married 34 year old bloke with 3 kids. I would love to be 20 and heading out on the pull tonight - the excitement of getting a few cans in the house before hitting the pub then club to meet a young one and hopefully ending up the night by making the beast with 2 backs.

Go on - make an old mans evening - who's heading out on the pull tonight - what's the strategy/pick up lines/pick up joints??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

newmills wrote: »
    what's the strategy/pick up lines/pick up joints??

Strategy- Chloroform.
    Pick up lines- I always find a sturdy line of rope is useful.
    Pick up joints- Usually the nearest school but I'm not fussy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

sorry old man, not to be of help but,while your berthed
    theres plenty 34 yr olds heading out to do as you described with the 20yr olds,every night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I just get drunk and bark at girls until one of them finds it funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

Sure now you could just send the kids to bed, crack open a bottle of wine with the wife and see where the night takes ye?! A lot cheaper than a pub/club night...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

moonwalk up to the girl.. fancy a pint love ? no? keep going... ad finitum

• Advertisement

soundsham wrote: »
    sorry old man, not to be of help but,while your berthed
    theres plenty 34 yr olds heading out to do as you described with the 20yr olds,every night
    They look a bit sad though tbh... Chasing their lost youth and all that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

yerayeah wrote: »
    They look a bit sad though tbh... Chasing their lost youth and all that...

Yeah i'm interested in what the "youth" find as a successful score - bit of a shift or the full hog.
    As for sitting in with the wife and a bottle of wine - when your youngest is a week old and sleeping 2 hrs at night then it's not really an option!!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭derby7

I'd say its 'to the bathroom' with you 'auld man' and see what you can pull in there ! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

In before the divorce...

I've never been out on the pull - which might have some relation to me being single; what age is it acceptable to start? :P

Yeah i'm interested in what the "youth" find as a successful score - bit of a shift or the full hog.
    As for sitting in with the wife and a bottle of wine - when your youngest is a week old and sleeping 2 hrs at night then it's not really an option!!
    That would be a problem alright!!:pac: I suppose not scoring at all would be a bad night but if you take a young one home it would be a good night for a lot of people... For me though, having the craic with the lads would go a long way to making a night good, gay and all as that sounds:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'm a married 34 year old bloke with 3 kids. I would love to be 20 and heading out on the pull tonight - the excitement of getting a few cans in the house before hitting the pub then club to meet a young one and hopefully ending up the night by making the beast with 2 backs.

Go on - make an old mans evening - who's heading out on the pull tonight - what's the strategy/pick up lines/pick up joints??

Sitting in and making up some new cliches!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

but still thinking of humping young wan's......classy guy;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Mickey through a popcorn box for me. Works a charm on the blind!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Women have changed in the past 10 years old man.
    More machine than human, packs of robotic maidens roam the dystopian cityscape in search of prey. Any man foolish enough to underestimate the threat faces brutal evisceration.

Weaknesses include:
    Fire,
    Depleated uranium slugs,
    EMP weaponry and vast swathes of cash.

Stay safe, carry high calibre protection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

TomCo wrote: »
    Women have changed in the past 10 years old man.
    More machine than human, packs of robotic maidens roam the dystopian cityscape in search of prey. Any man foolish enough to underestimate the threat faces brutal evisceration.

Weaknesses include:
    Fire,
    Depleated uranium slugs,
    EMP weaponry and vast swathes of cash.

Stay safe, carry high calibre protection.

You old romantic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭TedB

I don't even know how people pick up girls on the pull anymore. These niteclubs are impossible to pull in unless you are willing to degrade and humiliate yourself to a sickening degree.

Solid relationships are based off friendships and non drunk encounters. You will very rarely meet anyone meaningful while tanked up. Getting sauced and riding all round you when with a drunk girl is everything that is sickening and disgusting about our generation, typical of this grotesque vanity culture based around bull**** pick up lines and hideous displays of arrogance.

So to put it another way - if you and your one night stand don't mind degrading both themselves and society by riding each other like animals when drunk beyond recognition, fine. But there is more to life than giving in to pathetic carnal urges.

TedB wrote: »
    I don't even know how people pick up girls on the pull anymore. These niteclubs are impossible to pull in unless you are willing to degrade and humiliate yourself to a sickening degree.

Solid relationships are based off friendships and non drunk encounters. You will very rarely meet anyone meaningful while tanked up. Getting sauced and riding all round you when with a drunk girl is everything that is sickening and disgusting about our generation, typical of this grotesque vanity culture based around bull**** pick up lines and hideous displays of arrogance.

So to put it another way - if you and your one night stand don't mind degrading both themselves and society by riding each other like animals when drunk beyond recognition, fine. But there is more to life than giving in to pathetic carnal urges.
    Get off the fence!! Tell us what you really think...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Yeah, but getting drunk, and riding someone you have just met, like an animal is fun. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

That's what i'm talking about right there!!

i pity the babysitter:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

after many years of being "on the pull" i find going out with my fiance - my mates, and her mates and having a few pints infinatley better than the days of going on the pull.

Its kinda like liga, i loved it when i was younger, but i got older and grew out of it.

I had to post this ghey ****e because my fiance is holding my dinner to ransom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

moonwalk up to the girl.. fancy a pint love ? no? keep going... ad finitum

Just like disco stu...

"back away, not today, disco laydeh..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

snyper wrote: »
    after many years of being "on the pull" i find going out with my fiance - my mates, and her mates and having a few pints infinatley better than the days of going on the pull.

Its kinda like liga, i loved it when i was younger, but i got older and grew out of it.

I had to post this ghey ****e because my fiance is holding my dinner to ransom

Man up.

genericguy wrote: »
    Man up.

I want my dinner.

Im hungry.

I will do what ever is necessary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

I don't get people going out on the pull, with that being the aim of the night. You might as well just hand over the €100 to some young 'un in a flat in town if you know what I mean.

My plan tonight? Heading for a few pints with a few mates, then off with another mob to see a set we want to check out in the Button Factory. Great night. If one of the lads does 'score', great from him, cherry on the cake or whatever you want to call it. People going out the specific aim of getting 'up to their nuts in guts' are a bit lame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

snyper wrote: »

How could someone ever grow out of Liga? It's amazing stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

but youre not bitter.. right ? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

PrivateEye wrote: »
    I don't get people going out on the pull, with that being the aim of the night. You might as well just hand over the €100 to some young 'un in a flat in town if you know what I mean.

No, you have got it wrong.

The idea is that you text/phone the mates, and say: 'Lets go out on the pull.'

What you really mean is: Lets go out to a busy pub and talk about soprt, cars and woman while getting drunk. While we are there we will have live entertainment of young uns in short skirts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Somebody needs to get laid.

As for the OP, tonight I'm saving money so will probably stay in and masturbate myself into infinity. Jealous much, grandpa?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

PrivateEye wrote: »

My plan tonight? Heading for a few pints with a few mates, then off with another mob to see a set we want to check out in the Button Factory. Great night. If one of the lads does 'score', great from him, cherry on the cake or whatever you want to call it. People going out the specific aim of getting 'up to their nuts in guts' are a bit lame.

P.C's response to this is correct. I would love to see what you imagine people going "on the pull" entails. A bunch of lads running out of the taxi, bounding through the nightclub doors and screaming in the face of every woman asking if they fancy a go?

You go out with your mates to drink and have the lolz, all the while it's at the back of your mind that you'd like some clunge to round off the evening.

tribulus wrote: »
    How could someone ever grow out of Liga? It's amazing stuff.

People get suspicious of me when im found with it in my possession

Advertisement