Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best .223 Rifle

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

declan1980 wrote: »
    i was wondering if this was possible, would you have to change the bolt, or are the cases the same diameter

http://www.norma.cc/content.asp?Typ=59&Lang=2&DocumentID=246&Submeny=4&Rubrik=Calibers&Title=223%20Remington

All you ever wanted to know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

.................All you ever wanted to know

:confused: Ya, that really answers the question of the probability of being able to rebarrel a .223 to a .204 :rolleyes:

:confused: Ya, that really answers the question of the probability of being able to rebarrel a .223 to a .204 :rolleyes:

It shows all the sizes and what machining would be necessary to custom.

All Short actions can be rebarreled in another short action, bolt face may have to change and head space etc

Mate of mine reaming out a .223 to a .220 swift :eek:

Another guy I know went from .308-7mm-08
    Another guy I know will be going 6.5x47 from a .223 soon!

It shows all the sizes and what machining would be necessary to custom............

There is no machining necessary to the bolt head to change from .223 to .204 :confused:

There is no machining necessary to the bolt head to change from .223 to .204 :confused:

square pegs rounds holes Bunny.........

There is 2 sides to a round, it has to fit both ends;)

Think about it bunny C'mon, you don't have to change the entire barrel

Why don't you ream out your .204 to a .223 and use 90grain VLDs and shoot past 300 (your comfort zone :p )

• Advertisement

square pegs rounds holes Bunny.........

Square pegs will go into round holes .................. you just have to hit them harder with a BIG hammer ;)
    There is 2 sides to a round, it has to fit both ends;)

Changing the barrel will sort one end and I'll repeat myself ........... the bolt doesn't need to be machined so that sorts the other end :rolleyes:
    Think about it bunny C'mon, you don't have to change the entire barrel

Easier to though :)
    Why don't you ream out your .204 to a .223 and use 90grain VLDs and shoot past 300 (your comfort zone :p )

Can someone in THIS country do this for me?

Anyway why would I want a .223 when .204 is better :P

I don't shoot foxes past 300 yards so no need to go outside my comfort zone.

Tac, give me the shovel :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

clivej wrote: »

I found that website a few years back when I was using 6.5 Norma worked best out of my Swedish and Finnish Rifles above all ammo.

I find it great for learning about rounds dimensions etc and a brief history of them.

In regards to the best .223. Once it has a nice trigger comfortable stock and can hit a €2 @ 100 yards it will be more than enough for what most want

Advertisement