Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pvc fittings in ireland

Options
  • 25-07-2009 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

hi all,
    i am looking for a pvc fitting (see attachment)
    for retail in ireland preferrably dublin or waterford region?
    any know where i could find this

thanks
    ft

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

link nfg:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Carlow52 wrote: »
    link nfg:(

I logged into the website it looks a bit simular to standard plumbers overflow pipe just use screw to wall brackets.

Hope it helps.

if you let us know what you want it for perhaps we can advise more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Here's the image. HTH

pcrossc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭freelancerTax

Hi all, thanks for the replies,
    I know what it is , the problem is finding them for purchase in a retail outlet or website
    I am using it along with some heavy grade 3/4 pipe to construct a poly tunnel for growing some veg

thanks
    ft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Stratocaster

Hagar wrote: »
    Here's the image. HTH

pcrossc.jpg

Looks like 3/4" PVC, I haven't seen a cross connection on small bore PVC before. Not here anyway. You can get one similar but its a brass fitting, dia wont match up.

The main suppler I know of would be HEVAC on the Nass Rd. You could try to call them. Not sure what you mean for retail. If your looking to buy in bulk HEVAC is the place to go. Smaller providers like Heatmerchants or DPL etc might not be interested.

• Advertisement

Hi all, thanks for the replies,
    I know what it is , the problem is finding them for purchase in a retail outlet or website
    I am using it along with some heavy grade 3/4 pipe to construct a poly tunnel for growing some veg

thanks
    ft

What kind of pipe are you talking about? If you purchased the pipe here, there should be some fittings available. If the fitting is not required to hold water etc maybe you can make some modifications to a brass fitting similar to the PVC one you require.

Thanks for replies,
    it's 3/4" h.g water pipe, I got in morris's on the cork road in Waterford.

pipes do not need to hold water, it's just to hold them in place. By for retail i mean not buying in trade or bulk.
    Where I bought the pipe only had brass firtings that were really expensive

thanks
    ft

Thanks for replies,
    it's 3/4" h.g water pipe, I got in morris's on the cork road in Waterford.

pipes do not need to hold water, it's just to hold them in place. By for retail i mean not buying in trade or bulk.
    Where I bought the pipe only had brass firtings that were really expensive

thanks
    ft

Did morris's say the pipe is 3/4" heavy gauge? Well to me 3/4" heavy gauge is 1" outside dia plastic used on water mains etc.

Brass is the most expensive, find out what the actual dia of the pipe is in millimeters and ring hevac, they might have some copper fittings avail you could adapt, also try ringing a local metal fabrication shop who makes gates, rails etc. They might have some metal fittings you could adapt.

Hi,
    the out side diameter is 1.1 inches approx
    i found cheap ($2 each) 1" 4 way cross connectors (PVC) on an American site but I'm not sure if theY deliver here. I only need about 10 of them and would rather get them here or the uk if possible.

Thanks
    ft

Hi,
    the out side diameter is 1.1 inches approx
    i found cheap ($2 each) 1" 4 way cross connectors (PVC) on an American site but I'm not sure if theY deliver here. I only need about 10 of them and would rather get them here or the uk if possible.

Thanks
    ft

I knew by the way you described 3/4" hg should have been 1" pipe etc.

1" is a fairly common size, you should be able to find something here in the metal working industry that can adapt to your needs. Before looking abroad try to source a gate/rail fabricator, could point you in the right direction before looking abroad. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement