Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check out rip off

Options
  • 25-07-2009 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

i'm not sure this in the right forum. Move it if its not

A check out girl at my local shop will count up how much your messages come to eg 15 euro then you give her say a 50 euro note. shhe will then give you the change of 15 euro (instead of 35 euro)

I know any can make a mistake but this happened a couple of times with the same person

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

IF its happened a couple of times with the same person, its either incompetence or theft. Its not a rip off by any means.

Did you have a QUIET chat with the manager/owner?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

IF its happened a couple of times with the same person, its either incompetence or theft. Its not a rip off by any means.

Did you have a QUIET chat with the manager/owner?

It happened to me once. I didnt think it was theft at the time. But it happened to a friend of mine twice witht he same person.

I know this is the rip off forum but it seemed the most apt place

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

You should try to catch that person out. Purposley go in and buy something, ask for a reciept, and if she does it again, point it out to her discreetly. See how she reacts. Then tell her boss, citing by her reaction whether you think its incompetance or maliciousness. There's no way she should be let away with that, whatever the reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭call d

happened me a couple of times in betting shops, given the wrong payout, not just one shop but a couple of different ones so I always know what I'm due before I go in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

betting shops are a different kettle of fish, alot of the time rule 4s are the reason for the differrence

• Advertisement
Advertisement