Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indie Clubs in Galway?

Options
  • 25-07-2009 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Be in Galway city monday night, could anyone recommend any good indie rock clubs? Think the Button Factory/crawdaddy/academy in Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Be in Galway city monday night, could anyone recommend any good indie rock clubs? Think the Button Factory/crawdaddy/academy in Dublin
    Very top floor of Cuba*
    903 is Indie dance.
    Eh, , Roisin Dubh too!

Not all of them but probably the best ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Hamiltonion

Roisin Dubh looks great, thanks a mill!

Oh one more thing, is the yop floor of Cuba (rock bit) open on Mondays?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I've never been to the venues mentioned in Dublin but the Róisín Dubh would be your best bet in Galway for Rock music. Sally Longs might be worth a look too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Gigantic is opening up again on the top floor of Kellys too.

Used to be good craic in De Burgos when it was on there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Oh one more thing, is the yop floor of Cuba (rock bit) open on Mondays?

Race week,everything is open!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭yourmano

Serious hotties in Buskers 2n, forget that Indie craic! And all those lonely footballers leaving empty handed, women finally copping on it would seem. Was out with herself and all the hot women I saw left with geeky types. Some talent about tonight though, forget it though, I got my princess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Roisin would be the safest bet alright.

Sally's is more if you are looking for a huge bearded biker dude to punch you out.

Sally's is more if you are looking for a huge bearded biker dude to punch you out.
    In my experience the bearded biker types are perfectly safe. The skangers that hang around the pool table are the ones to watch out for.

I always enjoy walking into Sallys and seeing the pool table cleared to one side to make room for a band. Even if the band is crap at least the skangers will have cleared off to somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Roisin, Upstairs in Cuba*
    Bar 903 can be hit n miss

However its raceweek so everywhere will be crazy anyway!

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill guys, planning to head to Roisins for a few then on to Cuba!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭dantbyhid

:rolleyes:

Not even remotely true. More chance of getting in a fight in any of the other places mentioned here. Been going there for 13 years and setting up gigs there for 10 years and the only time someone (some jock from Dublin judging by his accent) gave me any crap was St. Stephens day about 4 years ago.

I set up gigs (mostly punk/hardcore/metal) in different venues around town (Sally Longs, Roisin Dubh, Cuba*, Cellar, An Pucan etc). Check out www.myspace.com/usvsthemgalway if you are into rock music with a bit of life and energy.

dantbyhid wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Not even remotely true. More chance of getting in a fight in any of the other places mentioned here. Been going there for 13 years and setting up gigs there for 10 years and the only time someone (some jock from Dublin judging by his accent) gave me any crap was St. Stephens day about 4 years ago.
    Well said Dan. I think Redhairedguy probably only meant it as a joke but the big + bearded + biker = violent stereotype just isn't accurate at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

malice_ wrote: »
    Well said Dan. I think Redhairedguy probably only meant it as a joke but the big + bearded + biker = violent stereotype just isn't accurate at all.

Yes... my fail at humour is crushing at best. :o

Honestly though, if there is any kind of trouble in Sally's. It is usually the locals and bar staff who will put an end to it. One time, when I was caught in a mini brawl at the bar started by some scum bags, I was whisked out of harms way by the biggest scariest beardiest mo'fo I have ever seen. Asked was I alright, and then given a pat on the back.

Gotta start using the ;) icon more....

Advertisement