Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Credit Card License.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Sikamick wrote: »
    Nine documents some of which you will fill out and some will be completed by the Garda, nine pages per application, not Chinese whispers, Department of Justice information.
    No Mick, it's a nine page form. The old form was a two page one, the passport form is eight pages, the self assessment tax form is 24 pages, the driving licence form is four pages etc. We don't call the pages for each of thiose forms a seperate form.

A nine page form is not nine forms. It's chinese whispers if someone converts nine pages into nine seperate forms.
    This is still nine pieces of paper x your number of firearms plus club membership letter and or letters of land permissions, plus two photos per application which will not be on the license. The license will not be a business card type it will be a laminated document.
    Would you like to tell us how you know this Mick?
    Information/Misinformation is rampant within the shooting sports, no leadership and division is all we see.
    You'll see anything if it suits your purpose and you're looking for it.
    There is a large number of shooters/hunters/farmers that are not members of clubs/associations that haven't got a clue as to what is going on re the Mis Bill / three year licenses.
    They are either members of the IFA, the NARGC or the IDS etc. Anybody that doesn't fall into those groupings will unfortunately have to learn about it when the letter arrives in the post. Unless you are intending to identify them and let them know yourself.
    Why haven't the NGB's posted on their websites or sent sample copies of the license application documents and license to their membership to see.
    Perhaps because we haven't got any. The Gardai (who are producing these documents) haven't posted them on their website either. Perhaps you should phone them and point out their omission?
    Please comment rrpc.
    Glad to. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Talked to my local Firearms officer, he has to deal with 450 applications!

This is going to tie up a lot of resources.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Nakatomi wrote: »
    Talked to my local Firearms officer, he has to deal with 450 applications!

This is going to tie up a lot of resources.
    No doubt that some people who apply in good time will find themselves in a pickle when their new licences don't come before the expiry of the extension period.

Processing 250,000 applications will be a massive task.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

I'm sure this is not the only story like this...

I called into a neighbours last saturday for a chat and after a while talk turned to shooting. He asked had i got my renewals yet and was wondering why his had not yet arrived.
    This man has has a .22lr for maybe 25years or so for abit of vermin control and was totally unaware of anything regarding the changes.

I dread to think how much confusion will ensue once these letters are popped through letter boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

rrpc wrote: »
    No Mick, it's a nine page form. The old form was a two page one, the passport form is eight pages, the self assessment tax form is 24 pages, the driving licence form is four pages etc. We don't call the pages for each of thiose forms a seperate form. You are playing with words rrpc, as I have said nine pages that's it

A nine page form is not nine forms. It's Chinese whispers if someone converts nine pages into nine separate forms. If you have one firearm you will get one nine page document, if you have multiple firearms you will have one document x 9 pages for each firearm, not all need to be competed by you is that clear enough for you rrpc . Each set of documents has a page which is applicable to the firearm you are applying for.

Would you like to tell us how you know this Mick? I phoned the DOJ who directed me to the FPU and they were happy to answer my questions, maybe you would like to do the same and confirm my posting,[/S]

You'll see anything if it suits your purpose and you're looking for it.
    They are either members of the IFA, the NARGC or the IDS etc. Anybody that doesn't fall into those groupings will unfortunately have to learn about it when the letter arrives in the post. Unless you are intending to identify them and let them know yourself.

I await your reply, hoping it will be after you call FPU and correct me if I am wrong.

In Sport.

Sikamick

• Advertisement

Sikamick wrote: »
    You are playing with words rrpc, as I have said nine pages that's it
    No Mick you said: "Nine documents some of which you will fill out and some will be completed by the Garda, nine pages per application"
    So you said both.

In any case you attempted to correct me whan I responded to Trojan who was told that it was nine forms. For the rest of the world a form is a document that you fill out, not a single sheet of paper, so referring to each page as a seperate form is misleading and unhelpful.

If you have one firearm you will get one nine page document, if you have multiple firearms you will have one document x 9 pages for each firearm, not all need to be competed by you is that clear enough for you rrpc . Each set of documents has a page which is applicable to the firearm you are applying for.
    It's one form, not a set of documents and surely there's more information required than details of firearms. Wouldn't they be interested in the applicant? Or is there a seperate form for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

I wonder are these new credit cart licences will be chip and pin???
    good idea and better than a dealer having a book with the names and details of gun owners.
    just buy your ammo and enter your pin and thats that,no book for the dealer to fill in and info would go into the garda database.

daveob007 wrote: »
    good idea and better than a dealer having a book with the names and details of gun owners.
    just buy your ammo and enter your pin and thats that,no book for the dealer to fill in and info would go into the garda database.

:D

Wouldn't it be great? I want the job of putting all that technology into the dealers. ;)

My local dealer won't take even take laser or credit card, no way he would be able handle this! Would be pretty cool though.

Just one other point on the "ohmigod nine pages to fill in!" mullarkey. I've not seen the form yet, but if it takes the approach of other forms, I'd say quite a lot of it will be explanatory.

It's not as though it's going to be nine pages of boxes with one word descriptions for each box. :rolleyes:

For those who do want to write for nine pages, I'm sure there's a facility for attaching essays :D

"What I did on my shooting holidays by ........" :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Or simply nothing will change and the Gardaí will continue to complete the form themselves.

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Or simply nothing will change and the Gardaí will continue to complete the form themselves.
    No, I think the form will come with your renewal. I'm not sure about this, but we'll know very shortly. It's also supposed to be downloadable, as are the guidelines.

fat-tony will tell you the story of how he was told he couldn't have a form because "you'd never know what you might do with it" :D

rrpc wrote: »
    No, I think the form will come with your renewal. I'm not sure about this, but we'll know very shortly. It's also supposed to be downloadable, as are the guidelines.

fat-tony will tell you the story of how he was told he couldn't have a form because "you'd never know what you might do with it" :D

The masked paper cut strikes again!
    Its worse then a JCB or so I've heard!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

I was talking to 2 lads I know, both in their early 30's, and shooting came up. I asked them what they thought about the new licence and form....

"what new licence ... what new form.... They can't do that, they haven't told anyone about it.... I'm not filling out NO F***ing form.... F***, F*** etc."

I asked them were they not told through their clubs or associations or read about it in ISD?

" ah sure those wa**ers they only bollox about talking sh1t, I wouldn't be bothered with them..."

This I fear is what we are seen as and is it any wonder the minister thinks he has it all his own way.:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Most folks don't bother to listen, read or anything else, and then they get all annoyed several years after it would have done any good. It's the far end of the 2% rule.

I asked them were they not told through their clubs or associations or read about it in ISD?

" ah sure those wa**ers they only bollox about talking sh1t, I wouldn't be bothered with them..."

This I fear is what we are seen as and is it any wonder the minister thinks he has it all his own way.:mad::mad::mad:
    Or it's the usual defensive stance people take when they're confronted with something they should have known about.

Sparks' comment about the other end of the 2% rule is about right. There actually are people who would never bother to get involved and that's their prerogative and their funeral. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

There goes that 2% rule again.:)

You really are getting bitter in your old age Sparks:D:D:D:D

But seriously though, you are right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭PJ Hunter

jwshooter wrote: »
    yes when sending a euro pass to the uk for a visitor's permit as age and numbers did not match.

just because you did never have a problem dont dismiss every one else.
    were dealing with firearms and our police force ,not a tv licence

is there a problem friday if the extention letter is not in the post by today.
    i know lads that are off tomorrow shooting over the long weekend:eek:

daveob007 wrote: »

Gun_licence_%202007-07-05.jpg
    canadian possession license card. personal & firearm details on the magnetic strip.

after spending millions changing the licensing laws in canada, it now in trouble
    many don't bother renewing:eek:

http://www.nationalpost.com/todays-paper/story.html?id=1496906&p=1
    http://www.libertyincanada.ca/
    http://www.pierrelemieux.org/policecanada/cafc-cfc.html
    http://www.pierrelemieux.org/policecanada/hudson071101.html

Rew wrote: »
    Lads unless you have genuine error figures this is allot of hot air. I have 5 certs and no problems to date. The complexity of the system is being reduced and there fore the potential for error. Anyone want to point out ANY system in this country that dosn't produce some precentage of error? Have any of these erros cause anyone a problem?

Got mine today, extended to 31/12/09.
    Details of both guns incorrect (guns I sold late last year), but why am I not surprised?biggrin.gif = milkerman

one genuine error coming up:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement