Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Parking Labels?

Options
  • 25-07-2009 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi all,

I run a management company for an apartment complex and need to find those irritating 'No Parking' stickers. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Moved from FAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Piratess wrote: »
    I run a management company for an apartment complex and need to find those irritating 'No Parking' stickers. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Cheers!
    Just to let you know: they're illegal, and people are able to sue you for their removal, as they are often placed in the way of the drivers view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Piratess

Thanks for the reply. From what I've researched they're not illegal if you put them on the driver's/passenger window which can be wound down.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I saw no-parking dockets in my local centra - they aren't the kind that are impossible to unstick though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Thanks for the reply. From what I've researched they're not illegal if you put them on the driver's/passenger window which can be wound down.

Did you ever hear of malicious damage to property?

• Advertisement

Thanks Jimmy - appreciate that.

Excuse me, Trad - where's the malicious damage???? More of an irritating inconvenience.

The malicious damage comes from defacing the property of another person ie a car. If you get your sticker and stick it onto any property you deface it. I'm not if favour of illegal parkers but 2 wrongs don't make a right.

I once had a sticker placed on my car because I used a senior officers parking space on a weekend and hadn't removed it by monday morning (my fault). I was instructed to apologise to this serior officer which I did and I then brought up the issue of defacing my private property whereupon I got an apology and she removed the sticker from my car.

It's still not malicious damage!

It's still not malicious damage!

That's my opinion. What else would you call defacing the property of another person. Would it be ok to spray paint "do not park here" on the window if it does not obscure vision of the driver?

As I've said I've no time for illegal parkers, I spent years enforcing it but I do think stickering somebody's car is causing damage to their car.

Feel free to follow your own instincts

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

where's the malicious damage????
    If it's one of the usual stickers that is VERY hard to remove, and it blocks the drivers view, it can be seen as malicious damage as it could cause an accident.

Esp as I've seen these stickers on the drivers side window, in front of the drivers seat, etc. If I went out to find a large sticker blocking my view in my car, at 3am in the morning, I'd sue whoever put it on my windscreen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement