Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Second hand electric fence needed!!

• 25-07-2009 7:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,769 ✭✭✭

Any second hand battery operated fences out there or has anyone any idea where i could get one?? - Just need the power pack and earth rod, prepared to pay up to 100 euro:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭kfk

Try here http://www.farmrite.co.uk/category.ds2?c=275
    A little over 100euro though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,769 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

kfk wrote: »
    Try here http://www.farmrite.co.uk/category.ds2?c=275
    A little over 100euro though

Thanx:)

Just wondering too if it would be cheaper to buy a new unit directly from the supplier ie cheeta, forcefield etc. then through a co-op??

I've gone on their websites but they don't give any prices:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Just wondering too if it would be cheaper to buy a new unit directly from the supplier ie cheeta, forcefield etc. then through a co-op??

I've gone on their websites but they don't give any prices:(

+1

Price them at your local co-op, & you will also be getting 12 months warranty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

i nhave one there i use to keep the kids in the back garden during the summer not havin much of a summer so ill sell it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

got new one at kerry co op store for 120 last month with free fence tester an bag of insulators
    It a small model I use it for calves

djmc wrote: »
    got new one at kerry co op store for 120 last month with free fence tester an bag of insulators

Sounds reasonable - the cheapest one I was quoted here in Kildare was 170 euro so far:(

djmc wrote: »

Just after ringing a crowd in Rathangan and they have something similiar at the same price:)

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭kfk

Would you consider a solar powered fence? I imagine they are a bit more expensive but there should be no battery replacement costs for a long time.

Advertisement