Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet in Tuam area

Options
  • 25-07-2009 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭

Is anybody else's internet gone gammy? Can't get onto Facebook, Bebo, Twitter and the likes. Just my e-mail, boards(obviously!) and one or two other sites. It's really pissing me off! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Who are you with? Eircom? Chorus?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Perlico...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

perlico too,

its been v poor lately,

really, the inter service is crap in ireland, im going moving over to airewire.

anyone have any experience with him

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Am with eircom and it was 'gammy' last week but only from mid afternoon till late evening and then all was well. Think it was a national problem though but everything is fine since. Can't uinderstand why it was 'gammy' on particular sites and not on others.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

airwire is fine .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

is it wireless cos i know a few who have wireless and its gammy too!

No it's not wireless...
    Twitter is back now but one of the Irish sites I was getting into earlier has ceased to respond...
    I just wish Facebook would work!!

Haven't had any problems before with Perlico...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Go here: https://www.opendns.com/start/ and follow the instructions on changing the DNS. Eircom had a DNS problem there a few weeks ago, and what you describe sounds the same.

the_syco wrote: »
    Go here: https://www.opendns.com/start/ and follow the instructions on changing the DNS. Eircom had a DNS problem there a few weeks ago, and what you describe sounds the same.

Yeah I did this last night once I found the Broadband forum and it's running much better now.

Thanks the_syco!

Advertisement