Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor website downtime? upgrade to webtexts?

• 25-07-2009 8:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭

Customer Notice

Mymeteor.ie will be unavailable from 6PM on the 31st July 2009 for a period of approximately 96 hours. This is so that we can carry out site maintenance that will mean we can provide you with a better more efficient mymeteor.ie.

To make up for this inconvenience we will be topping up your free webtext balance to 300.

Thank you,
    Mymeteor.ie

-

anyone know if they are adding anything to upgrade the freetext service like display sent webtexts? or anything else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Nope. There's a massive system upgrade across the whole network. All old systems are being replaced with newer, up to date ones. It's all backend stuff, at least for the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

Topped up to 300 texts? Sure on the 1st of the month this was going to happen anyway!

Are we getting 600?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

they will probably make the webtext interface more bloated so that it won't run on anything but the very latest and most expensive phones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Hopefully they upgrade their webtexts to 600 international webtexts. (steal vodafone idea ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

lads, it's nothing to do with webtexts. . .it's what chrislad said above. the whole meteor CC system is being replaced. the web site will be back up after the stated 96 hours but it will just link in to the new system - i imagine there'll be no functionality changes to the site at all, initially.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Look when it's down. The Bank Holiday weekend? When everyone's making plans for the wekend and all that stuff? It's a ploy to get ya to use up/buy all your texts rather than using the free ones. Tellin' ya man, it's a moneygrabbing conspiracy maaaannnnnn!!!!!!!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

They aren't giving us the 300 texts now... https://www.mymeteor.ie/

Customer Notice

MyMeteor.ie will be unavailable from 6PM on the 31st July 2009 for a period of approximately 96 hours. This is so that we can carry out site maintenance that will mean we can provide you with a better more efficient MyMeteor.ie.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
    Thank you,
    MyMeteor.ie

BArra wrote: »
    To make up for this inconvenience we will be topping up your free webtext balance to 300.

They aren't stating this any more. I thought we could be getting 600 for the inconvenience ;)

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

They did originally say "topping up TO 300" and not "Topping up BY 300", so perhaps somebody pointed out that topping up the webtext balance to 300 on the 31st was pretty redundant, as it was going to be topped up as usual to 300 within the next 24 hrs anyway for the start of the new month....

I'd say it's red faces all round at meteor webtext central instead of some sort of black hearted policy reversal.

It's back online now lads and nothing major has changed (as people said already) but I think the Call & Account History might have changed a little bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Something's changed :)
    The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error.
    Please contact the website administrator.

The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes.
    Error Occurred While Processing Request
    Variable UI is undefined.

Resources:

* Enable Robust Exception Information to provide greater detail about the source of errors. In the Administrator, click Debugging & Logging > Debug Output Settings, and select the Robust Exception Information option.
    * Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.
    * Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.

Browser Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.12) Gecko/2009070611 Firefox/3.0.12 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
    Remote Address 10.128.11.17
    Referrer http://www.meteor.ie/
    Date/Time 04-Aug-09 02:31 PM

The link on the first page doesn't work! Click on this one instead https://www.mymeteor.ie/

Edit

The link works on the first page now too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

No real major changes from the looks of it.
    Your remaining minutes and data now seems to be display in minutes and seconds, and fractions of megabytes whereas before it was just rounded down to the smaller minute and megabyte amount.

Few small changes to viewing call and account summaries too. Splits up by minutes, text and data charges, and doesn't display your account summary in one screen but splits it up showing 20 at a time.

Another thing - it doesn't seem to have taken into account any usage of both minutes and data for my account since August 1st. I'm sure it'll catch up though... And at least cabbage still works with webtexts!

We also get a new icon :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Is that the jboss logo?

http://www.eclarus.com/images/jboss_logo.jpg

Which would mean they just haven't set a logo up I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Lol,so 4 day's and they didn't even set up their logo!

• Advertisement

Seems the site has gone down again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Noticed that....getting a bit pissed off now!

Still geting a 503: Service Temporarily Unavailable message here...

It's back again and they have fixed the icon back to a meteor sign :) you think they watch this board?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

my minutes are gone up to 55 :) I had about 40 before the thing went down

also doesnt look like i been charged for any of the off-network text i sent in the past couple of days

My monthly minutes keep resetting themselves back to 60.
    My data add-on isn't being subtracted as I use the web on my phone.
    Also no call charges showing since 6pm on the 31st.

I'm sure they'll hit the account eventually though, probably not wise to go on a spree or anything...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

twould suck if they did chase up those few minutes. its almost like they owe us this after 4 days without web texts

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

This is taking the piss at this stage.

A week later and the calls and texts are still not being logged.

Advertisement