Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dunnes - Canon colour inkjet printer €19.95

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

i have no idea about printers, is this a decent one or does the price mean it's not really fantastic? cause it seems like a bargain if it makes good prints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,406 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

might be worth a gamble at that price, amazon reviews look okay, are canon inkjets good for prints? have an epson thats very good, but also have a brother inkjet thats very bad

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭jtang

it may be 20e for the printer, but how much does a replacement set of ink packs cost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

About €60 probably :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

The cheapest I have found in UK store was £25 for set of black and three colour cartridges, that should last 155 pages with 4% coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭jtang

heh it sounds like its cheaper to buy two or three printers instead of buying replacement ink packs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,275 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Thanks for the tip - picked up one this evening. Reckon if I can get a few shots printed off well it's worth the €20 for the learning experience alone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭m_s_nixon

Sleepy wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip - picked up one this evening. Reckon if I can get a few shots printed off well it's worth the €20 for the learning experience alone!

Whereabouts did you pick it up? I went to Dunnes in The Mill, Clondalkin and they were €40! Still doesn't seem a bad price but not if I can get 2 for that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,610 ✭✭✭✭vectra

jtang wrote: »
    heh it sounds like its cheaper to buy two or three printers instead of buying replacement ink packs :)

Remember that those inks included with the printer are only half full ;)

m_s_nixon wrote: »
    Whereabouts did you pick it up? I went to Dunnes in The Mill, Clondalkin and they were €40! Still doesn't seem a bad price but not if I can get 2 for that :pac:
    Got mine in Cournelscort.

Anyone have experience with this printer? Any tips on how to get the best out of it? (stc, I'm looking at you here :p)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭m_s_nixon

Picked one up in Northside, Coolock this morning, last one on the shelf :D

For anyone interested in getting one, there were at least a dozen of them in the Mill, Clondalkin yesterday around 3pm, they were marked €40 so they probably still have some, just bring it up to customer services and say you saw it in other Dunnes for €20 but were sold out (NB it's the iP1900 and not the iP2500)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

i dont know the printer particularly

how many inks does it have in it

most of the canon drivers are quite simple an have a best quality photo setting

the main issue you will have is you wont be able to find profiles for 3rd party papers so best stick to canon paper

this way in the descructions will be what settings to use

stcstc - from what I can make out it only has 4 inks, full specs here:

http://www.canon.co.uk/for_home/product_finder/printers/inkjet/PIXMA_iP1900/index.asp?specs=1

I picked up some photo paper cheap a few months ago but I've no idea if it's any use. It's inkrite Photo Gloss "Professional" 6x4 260 g/m2, Currently trying to figure out which print settings to use to get the best results out of it. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

As I develop as a photographer I'm sure I'll want to get better quality and enlargements etc which I think I'd go to someone like yourself for as I can't see printing this type of stuff at home being any way economically viable for an amateur but for now, I'm just looking to get reasonable prints for putting in albums / small frames around the house etc.

For anyone interested - I got just under 60 6x4 shots printed in high quality before the colour cartridge ran out. Factory cartridges always have a shorter life-span than the refills though...

Print quality is decent enough - something tells me most of the errors are mine rather than the printers as my monitor isn't calibrated for the printer and it's an old laptop screen.

Overall? For €20 you can't really go wrong.

Now. Anyone know somewhere that sells Canon CL-41 cartridges cheap? Or does anyone know if these xprint ones are any use?
    http://www.mx2.co.uk/prodpage.asp?type=search&searchwhat=CL-41

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

has anyone seen the €40 printer in any other dunnes in dublin city centre? i tried stephens green and georges st yesterday but no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

Just picked up one in Clonmel as was passing buy,last one on shelf. Good deal.

Advertisement