Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nightlife

Options
  • 25-07-2009 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi we have just moved into the Dublin 15 area. we are wondering what the night life is like here? We are not big into night clubs. A pub with a good atmosphere and maybe some music?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 walter81

we are living in the carpenterstown area. the Carpenter is our nearest pub. Its lovely but very quite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

I find the bar in the Crown Plaza Blanch Centre to be quite good. The food is nice and the service is above average.

Castleknock Hotel can be another place that is fine for a quiet drink.

12th Lock would be somewhere nice for a meal midweek.

Looking for somewhere a bit livelier? - Head in to town!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Having moved to the area about 5 years ago I can honestly say that I've yet to find a decent pub. It's a great shame as I always had a good local wherever I lived before. The nearest pub I'd be bothered going to is The Hole in the Wall beside the Phoenix Park. Otherwise it's into town.

Thanks. I will try the places ye have suggested. its such a shame the night life is not great. have ye got the nitelink out here from town? any idea where it stops?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Yeah, there's a Nitelink, the 39N, which leaves from Westmoreland Street. It goes through Castleknock village and on to Blanchardstown village, so not sure how much use it would be to you in Carpenterstown.

apparently the 70n goes to carpenterstown but it does not say exactly where it stops. Carpenterstown is a big area. not much point getting it if its going to drop me miles from home.:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

THe Strawberry Hall has music most nights, and a free minibus pickup/drop-home service.
    Technically outside D15 but close enough physically to Carpenterstown.
    Real old-fashioned Dublin pub, hasnt changed in donkeys years, but has a nice atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

walter81 wrote: »
    Hi we have just moved into the Dublin 15 area. we are wondering what the night life is like here? We are not big into night clubs. A pub with a good atmosphere and maybe some music?

Clonsilla inn has decent bands on of a saturday and the place has a decent atmosphere.

It can be a bit "rough" on big soccer match days though...

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I second the Strawberry Hall.

The Carpenter is a fairly nice pub of the big/local/estate type.

The 12th Lock is lovely on a sunny day.

Myos in Castleknock is good also.

But for "lively" head into town - train is very handy for that and then home on the nitelink....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭fptosca

The Bell in Blanchardstown village has Life music on the weekends and it's so big that you can always find a quite place to sit if that's what you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Awesome-O

The Clonsilla Inn and the Bell are best if you're looking for music and a good atmosphere, the Carpenter does a lovely lunchtime carvery. The 70N stops on the Carpenterstown Road, near Luttrelstown Park/Heights etc and outside Fernleigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭nige1982

clonsilla inn is the best in D15 for pints and music late bar at the weekends, few scumbags there but its ok

Advertisement