Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So what do you with yours ?

• 25-07-2009 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Print'm Hang'm Store'm

Your pics that is ,Yea I know some of you on here do weddings and exhibitions and try and sell them ,but for the rest of you out there what do you do with yours ? I mean I cant image a lot of your houses having no wall space left due to the amount of your images printed out and hung on them and yes I know there's the digital displays that ya can buy ,SO I suppose I'm asking do ya just leave them on the hard drive and look over them again after a few mnths/years ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Since I've started getting press-passes for music shows, Ive started keeping a scrapbook of the passes, a picture or two from the gig and a brief description of the gig so that I remember it!

Other than that, I print the family ones, and the rest are currently... just part of a screensaver!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

pix.ie'm website'm and print a few'm :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Print them!

That's the best part of Photography IMO

Hard copies you can look at and share in person

None of this "Comment on me Beeebo photos!" jazz

Good idea on the scrapbook mehfesto2, I may steal it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Nothing can beat a 30x20 poster print from snapfish(atleast not in my price range) :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I've never printed any of mine as of yet.

Up until now I've only done this sparingly, I could go weeks and have gone months without touching my camera. Considering I've only had the camera for 10 months that's a lot! :)

But now I'm going to take it more seriously, focusing on quality and hopefully by the end of the year I will have my own site and start selling some prints.

We'll see how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Daz R1

I also like the scrapbook idea but my other half has a touch of OCD when it comes to cleanliness so anything left down gets put away :D ,I do like the web site idea but how then do you distinguish between the arty ones you want up there and the holiday pics you want to show your friends - suppose thats what Facebook is for ;)

I started this thread for two reasons ,I was creating a magazine cover for my sister in laws 21st and had loads of pictures of her she'll never get to see only because she'll never take the time to sit down and look at them ,But also I took a look over some of my folders that contain the 1000's of pics Ive taken from my first P&S all the way up to my present DSLR of various events and shows Ive done or been in in the theatre and wanted to see what I could do with them so that they wouldn't gather dust on my hard drive so to speak,because Ive seen so many of your pictures on here and it would be a shame if they gathered dust as well !

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭spav

I've a few 20x30 Snapfish prints around the house, then some smaller prints running up the stairs.

Nice to be able to swap prints over too - it's only a tenner for a new print if you get bored of look at what you have up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Print some, sell some, give some away, use them as backgrounds, blog them, exhibit them, delete them, change my mind about them, build love/hate relationships with them.

If I really like them I'll treat myself to a big print, but apart from my last exhibition, I've not done that in a while. I've avoided serious printing in the darkroom for nearly two months too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭bbbbb

Relatively new to photography and going through "phases":
    Firstly just downloaded to laptop and burned a backup to disk, where they gather digital dust.
    Then started using sites like photobucket, pix.ie is current favourite, and e-mail to people.
    Then started printing 6x4 prints (good deals from snapfish), both as a backup and to show to non-online people.
    Then started buying frames for the 6x4 prints.
    Now looking at getting some larger prints developed (possibly poster size) and frames...

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kgpixels

I hardly print at all, very rarely. I've done some music event photography recently and they generally go on the forums or club website to help promote the club nights. Most pics will go on my facebook for friends to see.
    I'm refreshing what I've framed around the house so will be doing some printing soon. But don't think I've printed in a yr or more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭rameire

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Nothing can beat a 30x20 poster print from snapfish(atleast not in my price range) :pac:

I got a few holiday/arty snaps printed onto 20x30 wrapped/framed canvas last week - they look fab!

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Back them up, put them on flickr. I mainly look out for good deals! 2 for 1s ect. As Rich mentioned snap fish college, real good value. Made an album of all my photos laster year. Also put a photo on a mug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

laptop to back up hard drives...... stay there till I look for a pic (still need to transfer some of my CD/DVD images to hard drives.... I have about 7yrs of stuff on CD/DVD which need to be transferred)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Duchovny

I usually print the ones i like the most, my wall next to my computer is full of pictures :P

I think its a great feeling when you have them print out, digital is nice and all but nothing then see them in paper :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'm actually going to re-process some of my shots later and get them ready for printing, tis about time I did! Plus the mother has been wanting some from my brother's wedding for ages!

Go me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I've just got into printing them, have a load printed and hung around my computer area, printed and framed a few 12x18s for my parents house. It can be a bit expensive but I've found it a really satisfying too and when myself and the girlfriend move into an apartment and no longer have a housemate to deal with, I'll decorate the place with framed shots.

Also use pix and flickr although amn't too active on either right now as I'm extremely busy with other things.

Advertisement