Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gunns - Excellent Service

• 25-07-2009 9:34pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I met up for breakfast with some friends from Australia who are visiting Ireland on holidays. One of them had a Sony P&S but had left the battery charger at home. The battery has lasted for the last two & a half weeks but had gone flat yesterday. We were just across the road from Gunns & so went in to see if they could assist. They had a Universal Charger & the Sony Battery fitted. They charged the battery for them to help out. It should last them for the last week of their holiday now.

You will never get service like that from an online retailer, you may not even get it from some other Brick & Mortar shops either.

So this is a BIG Thank You for the assistance & excellent service. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

gunns is run by champions, they're always so friendly and helpful i can't say enough good about them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Yup, gotta agree.

They're service convinced me to buy all my stuff there in the future. I used to buy lenses only online, but knowing the after customer service is as good as it is there, it'd be silly not to buy there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Totally agree - I just don't understand why people shop with their main rival who are grossly more expensive and no where near as helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Simplicius

I simply don't go anywhere else..... not only do you get great service, you get advice if you want, I got some great tips about printing and developing each time I went in to pick up new chemicals for the darkroom.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

mrboswell wrote: »
    Totally agree - I just don't understand why people shop with their main rival who are grossly more expensive and no where near as helpful.
    Who are their main rivals?

I've heard good things about Gunns alright, do they stock a good selection of filters?

TBH they're really losing out by not having a website, I've bought a couple of lenses over the last month and I shopped around a little but the fact that they don't even have a site to reference meant I didn't even consider them tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Who are their main rivals?

I've heard good things about Gunns alright, do they stock a good selection of filters?

TBH they're really losing out by not having a website, I've bought a couple of lenses over the last month and I shopped around a little but the fact that they don't even have a site to reference meant I didn't even consider them tbh.

Conn artists...

Agree a website would help but I think the personal touch is what they are all about and thats what they are good at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I was there only once, but I like the store and the service provided. Unfortunately, I cannot get there during the week and they are closed on Saturdays. They are closed even on Tuesdays before DCC meetings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

ThOnda wrote: »
    I was there only once, but I like the store and the service provided. Unfortunately, I cannot get there during the week and they are closed on Saturdays. They are closed even on Tuesdays before DCC meetings.

:confused: I was there yerterday, and they were qiute busy.

They sold me 5 rolls of out of date velvia yesterday without even telling me when purchasing them. Only realised when i was sitting down getting something to eat, and had to walk back halfway across town to get to get new in date rolls from them.

Turned out they didnt have any in date velvia but i got a refund and a apology. I was still a bit dissapointed in them.

Excellent service apart from that though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭thefizz

Unless their Velvia was out by years then it would be fine.

Re Saturdays, they open every Saturday except on bank holiday weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Rusty Trombone

I just got my new D700 and SB900 and 105mm macro form Gunns, Being self employed and able to claim the VAT, I actually saved on thinternet prices, which, when you add up every thing I got, Gunns were nearly 500 euros cheaper than Conn's.

I agree with all the posts here, personal service and a friendly face are worth their weight in gold.

GO Gunns!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Was in Dublin today for the king of concrete thing, decided to go to gunns get some film.. forgot it was sunday and they were closed. I was looking forward to going in! :mad:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

thefizz wrote: »
    Unless their Velvia was out by years then it would be fine.

Re Saturdays, they open every Saturday except on bank holiday weekends.

Ah it was three months out of date. As im a newbie to film i wasnt sure how it would react to been out of date by several months, so i was sticking by the date on the side :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

What with so many people giving good reports about the shop I wonder if it would be worth while approaching them about a Boards.ie discount?
    It worked in Artane for developing film rolls to cd.
    Numbers, business and positive talk are all good for commerce and what's good commerce is good for business and in turn should be good for the consumer.

Does anyone know if it has been done and if not I wouldn't mind saying it to them.

Advertisement