Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennis in Cork

Options
  • 25-07-2009 9:37pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is there any tennis courts on the south side that you can pay to use, without having to be a member? I quite fancy a game every now and then, but not often enough to become a member.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Faith wrote: »
    Is there any tennis courts on the south side that you can pay to use, without having to be a member? I quite fancy a game every now and then, but not often enough to become a member.
    I'm not sure but out in CIT they have them...by the gym place there, LeisureWorld. Don't know if you need membership now or not.

Their site doesn't mention anything about Tennis however: http://bishopstown.leisureworldcork.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

The Tennis Village, Model Farm road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

deadhead13 wrote: »

Is that still going? Thought it was shut down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Its over 10 years since I've been there, so I'm guessing your right.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 eagle owl

Edenhall @theVillage, Model Farm Road, Cork
    T: 021 4342727 | F: 021 4343129 | E: info@edenhall.ie
    , ex Tennis village, have outdoor courts tucked away at the back and an indoor hard court

Garryduff Sports Centre
    Rochestown Co. Cork
    (021)4891978

Have three courts for rent.. c.10 euro per hour.. outdoor .

This is in the north side , so for potential Williams sisters .........
    Glen Resource & Sports Centre, Glen Avenue, The Glen, Cork.
    Tel: 021 4550511
    Email: glencentre@eircom.net ,

for posh northside go to
    Silver Springs Moran Hotel
    Tivoli, Cork
    Tel: +353 (0) 21 450 7533

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Finafan

I just found out about www.corkparkstennis.com They rent out courts per hour, i think its 8 eu per adult. contact no. is 085-1407609

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭ajsp.

deadhead13 wrote: »
    Illkillya wrote: »
    Is that still going? Thought it was shut down

Still going but it's much smaller than what it was. I think about 4 indoor and 4 outdoor courts.

There's also the place down by Fitzy's Park

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

I know your looking for courts on the southside but there is two free courts in Ballyvolane. Just show up and use.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭clusk007

I don't know if this is against the rules or i'm advertising or whatever but I'm actually involved with 'The Sports Village', as you can probably tell from my signature below! If this is against rules delete this post and I apologise.

Anyway, we have 2 indoor tennis courts, 3 outdoor tennis courts which you can use on a pay as you play basis. On a side note we also have two indoor football pitches, some dance studios and a children's play centre.

The Sports Village has been under new management for the last six months and things have dramatically improved. If you need a court ask for Darren and he will help you out. I have only been involved in the last six months but from what I understand the reputation wasnt the best before! Anyway things are very different now and you will be very well looked after.

Advertisement