Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E52 meteor

Options
  • 25-07-2009 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

I have the Nokia E51 and it's a great phone :) the newer phone looks even better, are meteor getting this phone? How much would it be? I saw it sim free here http://www.expansys.ie/d.aspx?i=182104

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

e52 is due out in Aug/Sept sim free so expect Meteor to take it in around Oct/Nov if at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

there is no red version i think

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Only two colours I think silver (Metal Grey aluminium) nokia-e52.jpg and Golden aluminium nokia-e52.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 keeluz

The E51 is now end-of-life so I'd say all networks will have the E52 in the next month or 2

thanks for the info lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Launching next month on meteor, o2 have already launched it at €199 pay as you go. Sim free delivered here for €265 is the best price i have found online excluding fleabay

Also It would be a good idea in looking at this thread http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=6402 and see if the phone has fixed some of the problems people have been having.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

A lot of people are very unhappy with this phone throughout various forums. All sighting build quality issues as well as voice cutting out thanks to the overly sensitive noise cancellation feature. The price on o2 is great - about 50 euro cheaper than when the e51 launched - and having Played with one in an O2 shop it felt solid enough bar the buttons on the side; however, given the volume of complaints I would definitely hold off on this one for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

Pyro Boy wrote: »
    Also It would be a good idea in looking at this thread http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=6402 and see if the phone has fixed some of the problems people have been having.

I posted that thread and am hoping to get some good feedback!
    A lot of people are very unhappy with this phone throughout various forums. All sighting build quality issues as well as voice cutting out thanks to the overly sensitive noise cancellation feature. The price on o2 is great - about 50 euro cheaper than when the e51 launched - and having Played with one in an O2 shop it felt solid enough bar the buttons on the side; however, given the volume of complaints I would definitely hold off on this one for a while.

There are certainly a number of complaints re the noise cutting out and I am hoping that the stock O2 have a hold of don't have this or any other issues. Agree the o2 PAYG price does seem very good :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Does indeed. Cheaper than what the E51 was sold for when it first appeared.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Whats the going unlock rate for one of these? Could be cheaper to buy from o2 and unlock rather than buy sim free..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Crikey but those comments on the Nokia site about the noise cancellation aren't good.
    Wonder if this is affecting O2's pricing strategy ?
    It's a lovely phone but.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I assume a fw update will solve all the problems no?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Jonathan wrote: »
    I assume a fw update will solve all the problems no?

Hopefully, but i'd wait till the update was released and proved successful.

Jonathan wrote: »
    Whats the going unlock rate for one of these? Could be cheaper to buy from o2 and unlock rather than buy sim free..

You talking about €60 blips, so its even monies.

Davy wrote: »
    You talking about 60 blips, so its even monies.
    Fook me!

What about getting the unlock code from O2 themselves? Still the spend e120 job?

Is it e120 spent since you got the phone, or every e120 spent "earns" you an unlock code? (Mother is with O2 prepay years and has easily spend e120, but never asked for an unlock code...)

Its a €150 now to get an unlock code. I dont think o2 have it set in stone that its after you get the new handset, they say that you must have spent the €150 on the account so it might be worth going that route to say the €60 quid. I suppose very worst case scenario you will need to get it unlocked which was the plan to start with it.

Just want to suggest one thing to you though, if you can get into an o2 store, or know anyone that the E52 from o2, the first batch might not be networked locked, so that would be the ideal situation for you. A good indication is when the packaging has only nokia branding on it, if its in an o2 boxed chances are it will be locked. Good luck :)

No luck. :(

Any unwanted o2 upgrades?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭TrustNoOne

I got my e52 from New Zealand. Very happy with it. Nice phone. I have not really experienced any serious faults with it, yet.

The only complaint I might have is sometimes when I'm surfing the net, it'll close the browser and return to the homescreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭CantThinkOfANam

What do people think of this phone compared to the E51? I was waiting for this phone but I'm dissappointed with the keys on it. E51 seems nicer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

my boss got a new e52 and preffered his old phone so gave it to me, only problem is its an o2 phone and i'm meteor, how can i get it unlocked?

ormondprop wrote: »
    my boss got a new e52 and preffered his old phone so gave it to me, only problem is its an o2 phone and i'm meteor, how can i get it unlocked?

You get your boss to ring o2 and request the unlock code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MollyDurkin

Can anyone shed some light on the unlocking codes situation. I bought an E52 on prepay from O2 last week after an unlocking service told me they could unlock it for €20. My plan was just to get it unlocked and use my meteor SIM.

Is it likely to be some time before these unlocking guys get their hands on the codes through whatever software they use?

O2 say you need to spend €150 before they will give out the codes but I want to use stick with Meteor. The €150 would go much further with them....Has anyone another way around it?

Advertisement