Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Larry Gogan - Just a Minute Quiz

• 25-07-2009 10:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Anybody hear the guy who took the piss on Larry Gogan's Just a Minute Quiz today?

He just said next question for every question and when asked a true or false question, he asked was there a third option!

Very Funny, not sure what time it was at.

Anyone else hear it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

No, but I want to hear it! Not arsed to listen to his whole show though...do you even know what hour it was in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Brilliant stuff!!!

Love the bit where he asked could he google the answer.

Go to the 2fm website and the Catch up. 29 mins in.

I can't find it on the website :confused: I went into "Replay" and today's shows but there are only 4 shows available to replay, and Larry's isn't one of them

Edit: Sorry, I got it! I didn't see the "scroll down" bit :o Brilliant, Larry didn't have a clue how to handle him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Ok I found it.

Go to Larry Gogan's 2fm replay. The time it starts at is 28:57

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Ah, it's always been a comedic goldmine.

Larry: "What's the capital of France?"
    Contestant: 'F' !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

Class...very good! Loved the last one, when he asked for a third option with the true or false question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Sleipnir wrote: »
    Ah, it's always been a comedic goldmine.

Larry: "What's the capital of France?"
    Contestant: 'F' !!

Another classic

Larry: As happy as...

Contestant: (silence)

Larry: Think of my name.

Contestant: ..a pig in sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Ah sure, they didn't suit him, as Larry used to say!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Sysiphus

I love it more whe a contestant answers "Kildare" to what county is known as "The Kingdom" and Larry says "Sorry, but it was a good guess" ???**!!##??!!
    my bollox, wrong is wrong!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Actually I thought Larry held it together well but at the same time he couldn't wait for the minute to end! :)

And did the guy actually say "Cock balls! Cock balls! Cock balls! Ha ha ha ha..." before being cut off?!

[EDIT]: Yes, ... yes... I do believe he did. :)

You can hear it here: http://blog.niallok.com/?p=1152

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I would have cut him off after 10 seconds. Fair play to Larry for finishing the minute even though he knew your man was acting the maggot.

I would have cut him off after 10 seconds. Fair play to Larry for finishing the minute even though he knew your man was acting the maggot.

FGS, he was only having a laugh! Larry is a terribe presenter IMO. I don't know why he's considered such a "legend." If he has to do anything unscripted it sounds awkward and uncomfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

FGS, he was only having a laugh! Larry is a terribe presenter IMO. I don't know why he's considered such a "legend." If he has to do anything unscripted it sounds awkward and uncomfortable.

larry gogan hasnt uttered an original thought or spontaneous line in 50 years of broadcasting , hes like a civil servant , hes rewarded and revered purely for his ability to grow old

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Manimal

irish_bob wrote: »
    larry gogan hasnt uttered an original thought or spontaneous line in 50 years of broadcasting , hes like a civil servant , hes rewarded and revered purely for his ability to grow old

You're right he hasn't uttered an original thought in 50 years. Instead of giving half arsed un-informed opinions or talking about what he had for breakfast (like most of Irelands radio djs) hes just played music without getting in the way. For that he should be rewarded.

He also played a great deal of music that was frowned upon by RTES higher powers back in the day, believe it or not Larry is probably closer to being IReland John Peel than Fanning will ever be.

Larry is one of the few irish DJs that still listens to everything that is sent to him. be it a small Irish band or a big name record company act.

And that my friend is what makes Larry Gogan a legend. and the fact he was doing it 30 years before most other people in this country!!!!

Manimal wrote: »
    You're right he hasn't uttered an original thought in 50 years. Instead of giving half arsed un-informed opinions or talking about what he had for breakfast (like most of Irelands radio djs) hes just played music without getting in the way. For that he should be rewarded.

He also played a great deal of music that was frowned upon by RTES higher powers back in the day, believe it or not Larry is probably closer to being IReland John Peel than Fanning will ever be.

Larry is one of the few irish DJs that still listens to everything that is sent to him. be it a small Irish band or a big name record company act.

And that my friend is what makes Larry Gogan a legend. and the fact he was doing it 30 years before most other people in this country!!!!

+1

I have always found his shows entertaining and lighthearted fun. The just a minute quiz is legendary too. He has always played good music too and doesn't talk to much between songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Manimal wrote: »
    believe it or not Larry is probably closer to being IReland John Peel than Fanning will ever be.
    OK dude...now would be a good time for you to step away from the bong.

Please don't mention Larry Gogan and John Peel in the same sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

+1

I have always found his shows entertaining and lighthearted fun. The just a minute quiz is legendary too. He has always played good music too and doesn't talk to much between songs.

+2

anyone that say differently hasn't a clue about radio presentation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

My favourite "Just a minute Quiz" episode was (as told to me by a good friend):

Larry: Which star do all travellers follow?

Contestant: Joe Dolan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Just had the worst ever contestant on :)

Had to be taking the mick :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭rfrederick

Just had the worst ever contestant on :)

Had to be taking the mick :D
    Agreed. That guy was definitely not all there.

• Advertisement

Missed it, what happened?

[EDIT]: Have taken my blog down so the original URL is incorrect. It's been archived here: http://blog.niallok.com/?p=1152

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

He was on about 3.25 today if you can podcast it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

OK dude...now would be a good time for you to step away from the bong.

Please don't mention Larry Gogan and John Peel in the same sentence.

Once upon a time there were two DJ's, Larry Gogan and John Peel....

Lighten up. All he said was he's closest to being Ireland's John Peel than Dave Fanning.

I like Larry. Plays music! If I want a political point of view I'll listen to a Matt Hooper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Bard wrote: »
    It was a year ago yesterday... I posted it here: http://niallok.com/2009/07/25/ah-sure-they-didnt-suit-him/

wait, this happened a year ago? was it repeated or something? Or did something new happen?

tbh wrote: »
    wait, this happened a year ago? was it repeated or something? Or did something new happen?

My bad, the guy who was taking the p!ss by not knowing the answers was a year ago... apparently they had a woefully bad contestant today at about 3.25pm too though.

Bard wrote: »
    My bad, the guy who was taking the p!ss by not knowing the answers was a year ago... apparently they had a woefully bad contestant today at about 3.25pm too though.

hadn't heard your link, so it's not all bad :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭rfrederick

I don't have a chance to listen to the replay at the moment, but Larry ended up saying something along the lines of "Come on man, the clock's ticking!" when the guy stayed silent during the second question. Larry just moved on to the next question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

Another one for the funny answers book just now on the Just a minute quiz:

Larry asks: Can you divide 48 by 16?

Contestant answers: YES!

Cue Larry laughing his arse off!

Excellent REAL entertainment .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

Larry is as Irish as tayto,bad teeth,booze,rain.
    This is a classic from his just a minute quiz....
    Larry: What 'S' is a person from Liverpool?
    Contestant:Scumbag!

Answer was murray walker -

Who does the commentary for formula 1 on the BBC?
    Contestant: ehhhhhh
    Larry: I'll give you a clue, his first name sounds Like something you might suck?
    Contestant: dickie Davis?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 taepot

Chap from Roscommon was on with Larry today, and was not having a great time of it. About half way through Larry asks:
    "What would you be doing if you were on the piste?"
    A short pause, then, the guys says (in earnest):
    "Emm...on the beer?"
    A short burst of laughter from Larry, and then onto the next question.

Classic stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

tbh wrote: »
    Answer was murray walker -

Who does the commentary for formula 1 on the BBC?
    Contestant: ehhhhhh
    Larry: I'll give you a clue, his first name sounds Like something you might suck?
    Contestant: dickie Davis?

:D Is that true or an urban myth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

taepot wrote: »
    Chap from Roscommon was on with Larry today, and was not having a great time of it. About half way through Larry asks:
    "What would you be doing if you were on the piste?"
    A short pause, then, the guys says (in earnest):
    "Emm...on the beer?"
    A short burst of laughter from Larry, and then onto the next question.

Classic stuff.

lady on the quiz a few days ago was asked by larry what aerophobia was a fear of

woman answers = air :D

Advertisement