Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire bricks

• 25-07-2009 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

I've rung up woodies and they don't seem to have them. Can anyone tell me where i could find some fire bricks (needs to withstand a lot of heat) i'm going to build a forge. (yes the blacksmithing type)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

wolfric wrote: »
    I've rung up woodies and they don't seem to have them. Can anyone tell me where i could find some fire bricks (needs to withstand a lot of heat) i'm going to build a forge. (yes the blacksmithing type)

Do I have this correct: you want to build a proper forge and you do two pieces of research:
    step 1 a call to woodies :eek:
    step 2 a post on here? :eek:

Step 3 put "blacksmith forge" into advanced search in ur browser,

Step 4 ditto for "firebricks" when set for searching in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

Carlow52 wrote: »
    Do I have this correct: you want to build a proper forge and you do two pieces of research:
    step 1 a call to woodies :eek:
    step 2 a post on here? :eek:

Step 3 put "blacksmith forge" into advanced search in ur browser,

Step 4 ditto for "firebricks" when set for searching in Ireland
    oh you left out a few steps hold on let me fix that for you
    Step 5: Realise the only person who repsonded to your thread is a presumptuous idiot of an ahole.

step 6: post back telling him you have indeed researched it, ask him why he assumed you hadn't and tell him salvaged firebricks for a bbq aren't quite the same thing.

step 7: Inform him and other readers that you were looking for trustworthy stores (preferably big chain ones like woodies) that were indeed going to sell you firebricks and not ornamental fireplace bricks that might completely break down when used with a forge

• Registered Users Posts: 38 cannyfradock

wolfric

Did you ever source those fire-bricks?

I know of Dineen refractories so did you find any further Sound around the Waterford area.

Any help would be appreciated

Terry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Terry, you might want to look into ceramic fibre bricks or sandstone bricks.

You should be able to find both on alibaba.com if you can't find an Irish supplier that suits your wallet.

Advertisement