Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queen

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Would there be any Queen tribute acts in Dublin?

I've seen Gary Mullen and The Works in the UK and they are amazing, been waiting for them to come to Ireland but they never do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Charisteas wrote: »
    Would there be any Queen tribute acts in Dublin?

I've seen Gary Mullen and The Works in the UK and they are amazing, been waiting for them to come to Ireland but they never do.

The Great Pretenders. I saw them a few years ago in Dublin. Hopefully they are still around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

crosstownk wrote: »
    The Great Pretenders. I saw them a few years ago in Dublin. Hopefully they are still around.

You can pretend that they're "sti-ill ar-oo-ou-nnnnd". :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

You can pretend that they're "sti-ill ar-oo-ou-nnnnd". :D

Now I'm here, back on this thread, think I'll stay around to see if anyone can come up with any more Queen lyric puns :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I got the blu-ray of Hungary and its a bit disappointing sound wise. It is crystal clear and everything but they've cleaned it up too much as in muted some of the guitar feedback etc.

I've zero interest in anything they done for the last 16 years. I too would love to see them doing a show to Freddies vocals on huge screens. I so wished they had done this at the tribute concert as some of the acts were terrible. WATC was a disgrace. The biggest cheers of the night was when they played concert footage.

I went to see the Queen Musical in Vegas in 2005 and it utterly blew me away. Next best thing to seeing them in concert imo. All the vocals were amazing and the band were outstanding. I then bought the CD of the London show couldn't believe how bad it was/is. Also seen the O2 show and it was just as bad. The difference between the US and the UK production was night nd day. Too bad it finished the following year.

Right off to listen to A Night at the Opera DVDA in glorious 5.1.:D

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 152 ✭✭CUPimus

How amazing are these guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Just a heads up that BBC4 on December 29 are showing the following:

21:00 Freddie Mercury: The Great Pretender - Director's Cut
    22:30 Queen Live in Budapest: Hungarian Rhapsody
    00:10 Queen : The Legendary 1975 Concert

The Director's Cut is repeated at 01:55
    The Budapest concert is repeated at 22:50 on January 4

There's some other good music programmes on BBC4 over the Christmas perios including ELO and David Bowie.

Happy Christmas Queen fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

chughes wrote: »
    Just a heads up that BBC4 on December 29 are showing the following:

21:00 Freddie Mercury: The Great Pretender - Director's Cut

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Awesome - thanks. I listened to "Love of My Life" just before I cycled into work. It's amazing how fresh Queen sound when I haven't listened to them for a couple of months!

• Site Banned Posts: 152 ✭✭CUPimus

I just love Queen! Going to we will rock in April! Hoping its good!

• Advertisement

Dr Bri is coming to the Oympia on Sunday 30th June.

Sample setlists here, looks good enough to me. Plenty of Queen stuff, although safe to say it won't be your conventional version of songs. Seeing Bri in that venue is good enough for me though. '39 (my favourite Queen track), Love Of My Life, Last Horizon, Tie Your Mother Down.

YEAH :cool:

Anyone else going?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Its a candlelit acoustic show and it also includes the charity single Born Free to help stop put an end to the hunting of lions.

Thats Virginia Mckenna in the video who appeared in the original movie.

The Film was based on Joy Adamson who in real life was a bit of a man eater but that was passed over in the film.

He dusts off the RS for Last Horizon at least, even though it's mostly acoustic.

The ticket price is worth it for me just to see him knock out '39 on the 12 string :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Thinking of going to this gig, what is it in aid of exactly? Never heard of your one, do they have an album together?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭BiffoGooner

Had me wisdom teeth out today but I'm not missing this gig on Sunday.

1 of the 4 members of my favorite band ever, but it's better than never seeing any of them in the flesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭BiffoGooner

niallo24 wrote: »
    Thinking of going to this gig, what is it in aid of exactly? Never heard of your one, do they have an album together?

Yeah, Brian produced her last album I think and played on it. They tour a lot together. She's a show singer with a stage background, but she's got a great set of pipes on her. The tour is in aid of the born free wildlife foundation I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Bloody hell what a gig, his guitar work was unreal when he whipped out the electric.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

One of John Deacons pre Queen bands

Advertisement