Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackheads/Open pores.

• 25-07-2009 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

I have big open pores on my nose/cheeks (at least I think they are big, they look big closer up but I don't really have something to compare them to :p) and they can sometimes turn to blackhead. I was just wondering what's the best thing to buy to clear/close the pores?

Edit: I have normal/dry skin, not oily.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Have you looked through the Acne advice thread? There might be something there that's of use.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055440970

Also be aware that boards.ie cannot provide medical advice; if you are very concerned about your skin, you should visit your GP.

I'm going to move this thread to Fashion & Appearance because you might get more responses there.

(F&A mods, if you think this thread is better suited somewhere else, feel free to move it! :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

I was told by a beautician to use toner to close pores after cleansing. She suggested Rose Water. A lot cheaper and just as good as expensive brands apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

Megatron_X wrote: »
    I have big open pores on my nose/cheeks (at least I think they are big, they look big closer up but I don't really have something to compare them to :p) and they can sometimes turn to blackhead. I was just wondering what's the best thing to buy to clear/close the pores?

Edit: I have normal/dry skin, not oily.

You can't close an open pore, only temporarily tighten it.

The only treatments that will give lasting results are chemical peels or some of the various lasers. The laser type treatments are very effective both at clearing and permanently minimizing pores.

There are several types of laser though, and to get the very best advice, ask your gp to refer you to a dermatologist.

Advertisement