Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

soccer forum mods?

Options
  • 25-07-2009 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

serious, what kinda power trip are they on? how did they even become mods...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Have you got a legitimate issue with the soccer moderators?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

yes, with therecklessone

he banned me for god knows what back in april for 6 months

my brother has an account also as we both share a laptop, i used his account to frequent the soccer forum and we both duly get banned, and i had a pm from said mod about being given an extension to my bad for using another account to access the soccer forum

ridiculous tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I really see no issue in the ban extension so.

You got banned and used another account to get around it.
    To be quite honest I'm suprised that they hadnt permabanned you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

yes, with therecklessone

he banned me for god knows what back in april for 6 months

Wrong.

You were banned by LuckyLloyd for reaching the 6 yellow card limit mentioned in the forum charter, and issued with the appropriate 6 month ban. In fact, you had accumulated a combination of red and yellow cards amounting to the equivalent of 9 yellows before we realised you were over the limit, and I issued one yellow of that total. In the month preceding your ban you picked up a total of 6 yellow.

You had two previous bans from the forum for personal abuse and back seat modding.

You've since admitted you used your brother's account (legs11) to circumvent your six month ban from the forum, you gained access three weeks after your ban using that account. That account has already picked up a ban from the forum, which tends to suggest you were happy to continue your behaviour across accounts.

You never helped your case by replying to my PMs to this account from your brothers.

legs11 has had his/your access removed from the forum, and will never get it back.

You are currently a little more than 3 months into your 6 month ban, as yet we have not decided the length of your extended ban, but it will be a minimum of another 6 months, though any Admin can check this thread to confirm that I believe you should be permabanned.

I got at least 1 red card for absolutely no legitimate reason back months ago.

I think it was for saying something on a man u forum.

In fact I would like all my red cards reviewed by an independent mod, and not rose tinted soccer forum mods.

and why has legs 11 been perma banned, thats crazy.

so why does boards not have a feature to remove or delete account.

• Advertisement

I would like the red car incidents reviewed by an independent mod so, and not a roses tinted soccer forum mod if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

If it were a one off case, Id be happy to do it, but since you appear to have managed to rack up quite a number of offences, Im going to go with the theory that there is at least one constant in all of those, and that would be you.

seriously, if you cant seem to integrate yourself and play nicely with the other boys and girls, you might consider going somewhere you can?

and why has legs 11 been perma banned, thats crazy.

How are you not getting this?

You were banned from the forum, you then requested access to the forum using your brother's account and continued to post there using that account.

We have removed your brother's access to the forum to stop you using that account for access.

You do understand how bans work, don't you?

I used my brothers account but now he is banned for the forum forever, which is not fair, if anything my own account should have been dealt with, besides I was not even spamming posts or anything, I was just having harmless banter.

this is ridiculous tbh, I wouldn't mind if I was insulting posters or anything like that but you would swear I was trolling every 3 seconds with the carry on here.

I have frequented almost all the areas of boards and the soccer forum takes the biscuit with regards to mods, I have never met such a narrow mind of mods ever, and this includes other forums on the inter web.

perhaps the mods should look at themselves and not delve into me or my brothers accounts with fine tooth picks, I think there would be quite a few people to agree with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You only have yourself to blame for this mess, I'm afraid.

Nothing for us to look at - and the Admins are the people who's agreement you most need.

• Advertisement

no one got back to me on the red cards i noticed.

seems a few were thrown at me for nothing at all

besides, If i did a poll about soccer forum mods it would make interesting reading i bet, but knowing them they would not allow it, :rolleyes:

no one got back to me on the red cards i noticed.

seems a few were thrown at me for nothing at all

Really?

You have 4 red cards issued on the soccer forum, 1 was earned before the 14th July 2008 so is not counted towards the accumulated infraction system. This is it:
    i say we can beat these nazi cnuts in their back yard if we play with a cool head and do any ****ty mistakes in the back.

That's abuse.

The next three, which counted towards your infraction total:
    This is not english grammer lesson bellend

Liverpool are a disgrace (did i spell that right?:p),

Beneathus will be gone in the summer

Gerrard might actually leave to a BIG team who can win a league title

The new anfield...ditto

That's abuse and trolling.
    deleted from thread

Cant believe United'S arrogance with the penos, shocking.

I thought Everton had no hope in hell. Why didn't scholes take a peno, seemed like no one gived a fluck.

Everton stuck their penos away exceptionally it has to be said, even neville!

Berb is a disgrace, a ponce even. Dont think he will be at united next season.

Anyways, Highlights on soon.

That's abuse and trolling.
    how is this not locked yet..

houllier even got a mention..:P

That was for back seat modding, despite two clear on-thread warnings thus:
    Anymore reference to moderation of this forum on-thread will result in further infractions/bans.
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    [Mod Hat On] We've decided to leave this thread open. And we will lock it when we see fit. Any more posts along the lines of 'lock this thread' will see the poster infracted and temp banned from the forum. Don't try me on this point. [/Mod Hat On]

On top of those, you got yellows for:

Torres...gay as a christmas tree?
    Taylor is just a dirty cnut....

hope them barcodes go down, good riddance
    very well, I stand by my verdict that he is a poof, well past winning anything ever again.

A wonderful body of work if I do say so myself.

Your ban will not be lifted, your alternate account will never get access again, and we will decide shortly whether you will ever get access again.

Thank you.

I got a red card for calling berb a ponce

:rolleyes:

is that even right, I think its because it happened in the superlative man u forum more than anything.

!

and a red card for back street modding

ffs

I did not even know what back seat modding is.

And also, I never got any notifications for a few incidents where I might have been warned etc.

just to let you know.. either I never read messages or they never arrived in my inbox.

but you have all the things laid out there and I have nothing to say but the case where I got a straight red card for 1 solitary post on the manc forum and also the incident for back seat modding, I had no idea you would get banned for merely suggesting a thread was pointless and going no where.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

While I highly doubt they vanished into thin air (as pretty much everyone else manages to get their PM's without a problem), it doesn't cancel out the fact that it's your responsibility to keep within the rules. You consistantly didn't and now you're having to pay for that.

Anyway, I think this issue has pretty much come to a natural end - the desicion stands :)

right, fair nuff

but I am honestly stating that I had no idea about red cards or notifications, when I was told I was banned for 6 months I was like wtf

well its done now so I hope after 6 months is up I will have access restored.

cheers and apologies

Advertisement