Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New baby tattoo

Options
  • 26-07-2009 12:46am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Right, since i became a dad on Friday night i feel its only right to get a tattoo aswell. I need ideas though.

I was thinking of getting her footprint done somewhere but dont know where, i was thinking about maybe doing it on my own foot.
    I cant stand tattoos of just the childs name so thats a no-no for me.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Congratulations :D

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

I think you should get her footprint done over your heart. That would be appropriate!

And Congratulations!!!!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

So you'll be able to say that at least then a week old, she was walking all over you... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Not sure what I could suggest, but congrats Melion :)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Again, not really sure what to suggest but just wanted to say Congratulations!! I really did like the footprint idea that you posted up a while ago though. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Congrats man!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

congrats :D

personally i felt strongly that i had to get to know my kids first and choose tats that suited their personalities.

my daughter will be a pixie/water faerie (if you met her you'd agree 100%), my youngest a phoenix as we almost lost him when he was a newborn but he fought back and got his second chance at life and i haven't the faintest idea what to do for my middle child yet... he's requested a green dragon which would be cool but i'm not convinced it makes me think of him iyswim?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Decided on her name, date and footprint on my wrist

Name
    foot
    print
    Date

It will be in that order starting at the wrist going about halfway up my forearm. I had forgotten just how small her foot is :D

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

That sounds really nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Congrats!
    I suggest you hurry up and get it done!
    I wanted to get my daughters hand print done.. never got around to it.. soby the time I did It was too big as I wanted it on my wrist and ive tiny wrists!!! :pac:
    Make sure to post a pic... wud love to see it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

That is such a cute idea.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

How about her portrait in black and grey?

Something I always wanted done of my clan(as babies) but never got around to it.

Got it done today. I left off the date but Paul added a few things to it. Im delighted with it, pics will be up later.

394617891a11362829308l.jpg
    394617891a11362829387l.jpg
    394617891a11362829473l.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Aaaaah bless!! A tiny little foot!! :D

That's a lovely tattoo, congratulations. (on the baby, not the tattoo) :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

That looks really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Thats a really nice tattoo, gonna be a dad in a few months myself and am already thinking of the tattoo....so far I am leaning towards kids building blocks spelling out the name just need to decide on the placement.

Thats a really nice tattoo, gonna be a dad in a few months myself and am already thinking of the tattoo....so far I am leaning towards kids building blocks spelling out the name just need to decide on the placement.

I was contemplating that aswell but i was the same as you, i couldnt decide where to put them.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Dragonz_Rawr

Ah bless - it looks fab! Well done...enjoy it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Fab tattoo Melion and a great way to commemorate the birth of your beautiful baby!

As a mother I've often though of a tattoo to do with my with daughter but keep thinking of different ideas and cannot decide on just one! The footprint is a brilliant idea, unfortunately I don't have one of her foot when she was teeny tiny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

I'm getting my daughters name tattooed on my arm (above wrist) on Monday, will be 'graffiti' style writing with lots of colours, i've asked that there'll be no black ink outline so i hope it comes out well.
    If i don't post a pic next week you'll all know it was a major FAIL :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

That is the cutest tattoo I have ever seen and if my dad had a tattoo like that for me.... just wow, amazing!

Oh, and congratulations! On the baby! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 robbie111

I was thinking of getting face portraits of my 3 kids. Not sure whether to get the 3 together on my back or elsewhere on my body? Any ideas?

Advertisement