Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question

Options
  • 26-07-2009 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

hey everyone, this is my first time on this forum and i'm just looking for a few opinions so i thought here would be the write place to ask. i'm considering getting a tatoo of the poem 'if'. was just wondering on what part of my body would be the least painful (never had a tatoo, this will probably be my first and last) and look best. the poem is about 300 words long iirc. my back is out because of scarring and i dont want it to go below my elbow/where my tshirt ends. also any suggestions for styles? don't want it to be huge, just neat and decorative. any opinions would be greatly appreciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

I'd say it would need to be big because of the length of the poem. Found this googling, you've probably seen it already
    poetry_tattoo_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭yoursaviour1989

thanks, i had looked at that but my back has lots of scarring so its a no go area, the only other space that big is on my front but i reckon that may look a bit stupid. was thinking maybe on my calf?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

thanks, i had looked at that but my back has lots of scarring so its a no go area, the only other space that big is on my front but i reckon that may look a bit stupid. was thinking maybe on my calf?

Just a suggestion, but I think that this may be too long for your calf. I can't imagine that you would be able to read it at all as it would have to be so small. If you really want to go with your calf or arm can I suggest that you choose the line that means the most to you from the poem and just go with that? Looking at the picture above I know that I would never read all of it on his back, why would you want to? I understand that it's a personal choice but every line surely isn't personal to you? Have a think about it... Tattoos do hurt and if you start this you will have to finish it....

Another suggestion would be to go with the suggestion of the poem. Get the word IF done in nice lettering with "Kipling" written underneath it in small writing. Any artist could design something for you.

Best of Luck with it.
    F

Advertisement