Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ben moody

• 26-07-2009 1:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭

any one remember this guy. was is in the band evanescenes. he was pretty good with them. he's in a new band called We are the fallen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

cena wrote: »
    any one remember this guy. was is in the band evanescenes. he was pretty good with them. he's in a new band called We are the fallen
    Yup, with all the other ex evenesce musicians and a new singer. Fair play to Ben Moody he can write for all styles of music and make each one a commercial success.

Just listened to the song there on there myspace, sounds a bit meh to me, surprsingly theres no real hook to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

cena wrote: »
    He was more than pretty good with Evanescence, he had a lot to do with the creation of their best work. I've always thought his departure was the reason Evanescence never came close to matching their album Fallen.

Here is the MySpace link for anyone that's interested in this new band.

I'm always partial to female-fronted rock/metal and I think this band has potential. The song on the MySpace page is worth a listen although I have to agree with Patricide that it has no real hook. Hopefully they will have more music uploaded to listen to soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Irish singer Carly Smithson is in the band! They might even play here now. Bury Me Alive is an ok song, and still better than most of the stuff that was on The Open Door. I'll be keeping an eye on this band. They've a better singer than Evanescence and maybe better songs in the future.

Nightwish wrote: »
    Irish singer Carly Smithson is in the band!
    I didn't know she was Irish at all. I had assumed she was American.
    Nightwish wrote:
    They've a better singer than Evanescence
    Ah now, let's not get crazy here :). Whatever else could be said about Amy Lee, she is a fantastic singer. Until Carly has a few more releases under her belt, Ms. Lee gets my vote.

Here's a comparison of them both singing Bring Me To Life:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I've the Anywhere But Home Dvd, and I think her live voice is poor. She's amazing on ballads but she cant control her breathing on more "lively" songs. Dont get me wrong, Amy's studio voice is brilliant but I'm not a fan of her singing live.

• Advertisement

Nightwish wrote: »
    I've the Anywhere But Home Dvd, and I think her live voice is poor.
    I've got that DVD too and I totally agree with you about her voice on it. Even taking into account that it's live she still misses the pitch of some notes and fails to hold others for as long as she should. I can't recall where I read it but apparently that DVD was shot near the end of a long tour so maybe it's understandable that her voice was knackered. It's just a pity nobody thought about that and shot the DVD at one of the first gigs instead :).
    Nightwish wrote:
    She's amazing on ballads but she cant control her breathing on more "lively" songs.
    Sometimes she can, here's a live clip of Going Under where she pretty much nails the song. The backing vocals are a bit loud but you can pick out her parts on it:

Advertisement