Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Aura Leisure' In Drogheda - Membership Question

Options
  • 26-07-2009 2:39am

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone here is a member of Aura in Drogheda (near Marley/s Lane). I made a thread in the fitness forum, but thought it might be a bit beneficial to ask here, too. I'm considering joining them. They have two prices. €49 per month for the average joe, and €36 a month for students.

My brother lied through his teeth and got the student rate, despite not being a student, and I want to do the same. However, the general opinion in the fitness forum is that gyms are pretty desperate nowadays anyway.

So I was wondering if anyone here has ever attempted haggling with them on their pricing (what with this recession business everyone loves talking about) and if you have attempted to haggle them, have you been met with any success, or did they just look at you like you had two heads?

I'm sure people are screwing them over daily, and there's plenty of compeition in the area (Jackie Skelly, Westgate and SFX spring to mind) so there's no way I'm paying the €49. I don't mind the €36, but if I hear that other people have gotten it cheaper, then I think it's time I grew a hard neck and went in acting shameless. :pac:

Cheers to anyone with any insight here at all.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

I tried to haggle recently but didnt have any luck. I am going to try again this week hopefully. Let us know how you get on. I think the one in the boyne valley hotel is cheaper and they have tennis courts too.

Just told them I was going to be going to college in September and they said I could have the student rate.

I chose to do another thing they have which is where i pay 132 euro for a three month membership. At least that way I can see if I'll stick to it or not and then if I'm still going in three months, I'll get a longer membership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 lmnop

I wanted to sign up for their 3 month membership - back in April I think - but they had stopped doing it a day or so before I went to actualy join. They wouldn't budge on it so I just had to pay for the year. But that was on offer at the time anyway - so I was told - €395 for the year.

€395 for a year is pretty good though, in fairness. Beats paying their monthly student rate for 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

gonna go down and check out the price for joining on friday..going into college in sep so should get the student rate but 395 for the year works out at roughly 33 quid a month so ill see if that deals still on!

• Advertisement

They have stickers on all the threadmills saying "Membership now only €49 per month, and you get July free!" so I doubt they'll give you the €395 price, but if they do I'd be very happy to hear it.

They'll most likely give you the stuent rate at €35 per month though.

Let us know how you get on either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Are these prices for the Gym and the Pool?
    Is there the option for a Pool only membership? If so, how much would it cost?

Thanks,

Are these prices for the Gym and the Pool?
    Is there the option for a Pool only membership? If so, how much would it cost?

Thanks,

I'm not fully sure to be honest, but I think they only have one membership type, and it's for both gym and pool.

However, if you use their "Pay as you go" option, you can get a loyalty card, and for every 8 visits, you get 2 free. Pay as you go costs (from what I remember) €5 off peak times and €9 for peak times (though I've no idea what their 'peak times' are).

Wouldn't do any harm to give them a ring and ask though.

They're:

041 987 4478

Best of luck.

Advertisement