Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 9 million euro bikes thanks to Andrew Montague

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

More typical begrudgery, get a life. Give the bloody scheme a chance to work, the city is trying to do something proactive and all you guys seem to do all the time is whinge....i guess if you had your way we would still be going to hedgeschools. Whether or not YOU like advertising, it is a part of city life and in this instance the city is making the advertising work for them, good on them i say, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    Explain why you think a secret contract between one company and the corpo to provide advertising and run the bike scheme is better than two open tendering schemes, one to provide advertising and one to run the bike scheme?

Also JCD are getting a 9% margin from the corpo. This is just too high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

Also JCD are getting a 9% margin from the corpo. This is just too high.

It doesn't sound that high to me given the risk of not making a margin at all and making a loss. A cap on profit should be a clause to stop stuff like the toll bridge ever happening again.

Whoever tested the website should be fired as it doesn't have correct security settings. All we need now is for information to be stolen via the website. I would have subscribed if it had been secure

have a look at the copyright notice on the dublinbikes.ie homepage
    re-read your comment about the tester for the website

Then tell me 9% is a fair rate of return for the council to forego.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

have a look at the copyright notice on the dublinbikes.ie homepage
    re-read your comment about the tester for the website

Then tell me 9% is a fair rate of return for the council to forego.

Strangely I can't look at the website because it seems to be down. Without actually seeing it I still make the comment that it doesn't matter who owns the site the workmanship is poor. The fact it is not up at the moment stinks of being unprepared although I am sure they will blame unexpected traffic.

So thus far the security of the site and capacity/stability are an issue. I work in IT and it looks like a rush job.

9% seems fair to me as I have stated as there are risks involved.

the 9% profit is going to the people who run the website. - if they can't even get that running correctly, it bodes ill for the scheme.

Advertisement