Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction i dont think so.

Options
  • 26-07-2009 5:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Leaving Cert = easiest thing EVER? Really?
    Of all the things that have ever existed, the Leaving Cert is the easiest?
    I would say no.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JW91
    I'm not trying to be arrogant but did anyone find the leaving cert to be really easy?
    Yes, a few people probably did.
    Most people, presumably, would have found it some bit challenging.

Quote:
    I did virtually no study, and I had a fairly relaxed attitude about homework. I'd say I did homework about half of the time and I did basicly no study. But desite this I still flew through the exams. They were simple. I'm expecting somewhere in the region of 550 points.
    Why are you telling us all this?
    Are you looking for congratulations?
    Did you just come here to boast or do you actually want a serious discussion about the level of difficulty involved in the Leaving Cert?

Quote:
    Why do people get so stressed out about it? There's no need to get worked up. about it
    People get worked up about it because the points you get in your Leaving Cert determine whether you can or cannot do your first choice college course.
    You say you think you got around 550: would you have such a nonchalant attitude if you were aiming for 580+?

Again, I must wonder why you're writing this. Do you expect people who are extremely anxious waiting for their results to all of a sudden go "Oh, silly me. I shouldn't be nervous at all."? Of course the Leaving Cert is NOT the be all and end all (I cannot stress that enough) but it's still a fairly important set of exams. It's only natural that students will feel a little nervous about getting their results.

Quote:
    It's a very straight forward set of exams.
    Anyone who did last year's Accounting exam may disagree with you there.

this was written by Knife-WREEENCH a mod

he gave me an infraction for this reply
    slightly agree with the knob mod

but to answer your original query

i did the L.C this year and i did no study what so ever and found the exams to be a can of piss ! very easy no worries and people egsaturate too much :rolleyes:

clearly implying that he was a knob wasent the best way to go but the reason i did it was because he was very rude, aggressive and mean to the OP in the forum and im sure if he wasent a mod and another mod had seen that message a little warning would have being fine but i couldnt do anything about it so it was a case of his own medicine and i was sticking up for what is right and cant see why he had to be soo rude to the OP.

if it were me who was the mod i would just tell him to calm down no need to get worked up or what not but he got rude and all like.

terrible that he was allowed away with it !!!

unfair infraction put on me for it !

i didnt call him a knob but it was just there in the text with a line through it which means it was a mistake ... hence the line !

I think it should be lifted off me please

Thank you,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

robbie_998 wrote: »
    clearly implying that he was a knob wasent the best way to go but the reason i did it was because he was very rude, aggressive and mean to the OP in the forum
    If you had a problem with my post why didn't you report it? Another LC mod would have looked at it.
    I don't see where I was mean or aggressive in my reply.
    and im sure if he wasent a mod and another mod had seen that message a little warning would have being fine but i couldnt do anything about it so it was a case of his own medicine
    I can't speak for the other LC mods. I don't know how they would have dealt with it.
    and i was sticking up for what is right and cant see why he had to be soo rude to the OP.
    Again, you should have reported my post if you genuinely had a problem with it. As you have already stated, calling me a knob was not the way to go about telling me you had a problem.
    if it were me who was the mod i would just tell him to calm down no need to get worked up or what not but he got rude and all like.
    Why would I have told him to calm down? JW91 seemed perfectly calm to me.
    Yes, I disagreed with a lot of what he said and I made that quite clear but I certainly did not intend to be rude to him and I cannot see anywhere in my reply where I was deliberately rude to him.
    unfair infraction put on me for it !
    I think it was more than fair. If you had directed that abuse at anyone but myself, I would have had no hesitation in banning you. You should count yourself lucky you only received an infraction.
    i didnt call him a knob but it was just there in the text with a line through it which means it was a mistake ... hence the line !
    You expect me to believe it was a mistake?
    If it was a mistake, surely you would have deleted it rather than leaving it there with a strike though it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I really see no issue here.
    You expect me to also believe this was a "mistake"? You have a backspace key on your keyboard, right? That's how you correct your mistakes, not by adding strikethroughs.
    I see this as a snide remark towards Knife-WREEENCH as I stand by their infraction. That is what the system is there for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

If you had a problem with my post why didn't you report it? Another LC mod would have looked at it.
    I don't see where I was mean or aggressive in my reply.

you were mean and rude everywhere in the reply
    Why would I have told him to calm down? JW91 seemed perfectly calm to me.
    Yes, I disagreed with a lot of what he said and I made that quite clear but I certainly did not intend to be rude to him and I cannot see anywhere in my reply where I was deliberately rude to him.

no not tell him to calm down.....tell you to calm down if you werent a mod for being so aggressive !
    You expect me to believe it was a mistake?
    If it was a mistake, surely you would have deleted it rather than leaving it there with a strike though it?

well i see people do this on forums all the time and their mostly really bad when they directly slag people off very aggressively.

still unfair !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

robbie_998 wrote: »
    you were mean and rude everywhere in the reply
    I don't believe I was mean or rude anywhere in my post, and since nobody else has complained about it or reported it, I assume nobody else had any issue with it.

I stated the Leaving Cert was obviously not the easiest thing ever. I asked the OP (JW91) a few genuine questions about what the purpose of this thread was. I commented on the uproar about last year's Accounting exam as a rebuttal to his statement that the exams were straight forward.

I did not resort to personal abuse or go out of my way to insult the OP. I really cannot see where the probelm lies.
    no not tell him to calm down.....tell you to calm down if you werent a mod for being so aggressive !

I can assure you that I was perfectly calm when I wrote that post and am perfectly calm right now. Disagreeing with someone is not the same thing as being aggressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

well you may not have ment to be mean rude etc. but it was just the way in which you had written the reply.

some people may see it as perfectly fine where as others would criticize you for it !

its not a big thread ... not many replys so i dont expect others to report you considering the amount of people

• Advertisement
Advertisement