Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to get numbers from bank

Options
  • 26-07-2009 9:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

My sister is over in Australia at the moment, and she's looking to get tax back or somethin

Anyways she needs the following numbers from her bank:

IBAN - International Bank Account Number
    Swift/BIC code
    This is the bank's International identification number.

I presume the latter number is freely available somewhere? I'm not sure if it's BOI or AIB that she's with, so if someone could point me to that number for both of those that'd be great.

And for the IBAN number -- am I able to get that over the phone? Or for security reasons would she need to show up at the bank herself?

Thanks all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭7mountpleasant

its on all bank statements , you can ring the telebanking service and they will give it to you as well

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

You won't be able to get her IBAN, she'll need to phone for that herself. Alternatively, if there's a bank statement of hers lying around the house, it'll be on that. The BOI Swift code is BOFIIE2D, and AIB's is AIBKIE2D.

Advertisement