Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Animation teaser

Options
  • 26-07-2009 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭

Due for Japanese release in 2010 (via Animax), the series look at first glance to have been adeptly handled by esteemed studio Madhouse. Another two anime adaptations are apparently also in the works.

Marvel seem to have moved away from the traditional depictions for these productions; they describe it as “popular Super Heroes redesigned and repurposed as emerging from the fabric of Japanese culture”. Particularly in the case of Wolverine, at first glance it is certainly easy to get the impression that this is actually a Japonified version of the series

Marvel Anime Iron Man teaser
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_ej7ZlS2oQ

Marvel Animation Wolverine teaser
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyy-KBFvKPg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

They're all being written by Warren Ellis I believe.

Though after seeing the trailers, I'm a little ambivalent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Ironman looks ok (reminds me of Astroboy a bit) but Wolverine looks a bit boring and generic.

Ninja. Check
    Mysterious protagonist with big hair (a mullet, really?). Check
    Supernatural enemies. Check
    Acrobatics. Check

I really don't like the character design of Wolverine either, he's too clean looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

the wolverine made me lol, tbh, but couldn't agree more with fitz0.
    you forgot to mention:
    1 slice shown 3 times from different angles which seems to do no damage, then pause, then guy explodes. Check
    I bet it'll be syndicated anyway.

In comparison, ironman looks very good. Bad guy is interesting too. I may actually add this to the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭spuddy01

Yeah Ironman looks cool but Wolvie looks a little too tame :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

wolverines claws are off at a weird angle and his hand are open all the time and he look way too young, also logan does not shave so wtf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,208 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Wolverine looks crap

which is disappointing because Wolverine is one of the best marvel characters around

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

The Iron Man teaser looks nice, whoever was working on the sound has done a really good job, I'm interested in seeing how it turns out.

Wolverine... not so much.

Advertisement