Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd year school books..DLS

• 26-07-2009 12:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

Hi chaps,

Looking for a set of school books for my brother-in-law, who'll be going in to 3rd year at De La Salle at the end of August.

If anyone knows of any second ones available, please let me know. Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

When I was there back in the 90s they had a book scheme...is that gone???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

To be honest I don't know. Have to check when he goes back I guess. He only came to Ireland and started school at DLS in January this year. Went in to second year, part way through of course. We were led to believe that buying brand new books was the only option.. over €300 we spent that day, iirc. That's not including the (imo very over-priced) school uniform!

Oh, and a locker is €30 per year to rent?! What's that about. They were free when I was at school. But then, so were books..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

when i was there 3-4 years ago they didn't have lockers :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

My lad is going into second year.

I don't know about secondhand books as I'd love to be able to get them secondhand next year when my second lad will be going into first year as he will not be able to use the older lad's book since he'll be still using them in third year.

I know the school have a budget system for parents who cannot afford to pay the whole lot at the begining of the year. You can get the books and pay back a certain amount every week or month.

The uniforms are very expensive and there's no competition. I don't like uniforms with crests as it's just an excuse for those who make and sell uniforms to make a massive profit.

When you see what you pay for the school trousers alone you could get an entire uniform without crests or the tiny DLS tag on the trousers that's hidden by the jumper and shirt anyway, you'd still have plenty of change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Keith Winters

ec18 wrote: »
    when i was there 3-4 years ago they didn't have lockers :P

Funny that. They definitely had them 3/4 years ago during when I was there. Actually they've had them at least 7 years. I recall having a locker in first year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Funny that. They definitely had them 3/4 years ago during when I was there. Actually they've had them at least 7 years. I recall having a locker in first year.

ec18 is an old man Keith. Best just leave him rant on about how they never got lockers etc. in his day :p

Advertisement