Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's wrong with the estate agencies??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sushmita

Yes, I complained with Daft and they warned the agency. Within two days they got the pictures removed. Same for the other one, the agency removed the ad.
    Continuing my soap :) this Wednesday I had another appointment with the bad agency; unfortunately it was them again dealing with another apartment, same estate, that I wanted to see. The agent asked me to be there at 5.30, I said that I could have been there 10 minutes later, depending on the bus. He absolutely wanted me to be there at 5.30 sharp. I left my office early and I was there on time. The agent arrived at 6.15 :mad: and without warning me and anybody else. There were other 4 people waiting. I said I was still interested in the first apt same estate, he asked if I could give him the money straight away. What? Without any receipt, anything written down? So I said that I wanted to have some paper, I don't give money away easy peasy. He said he would email a form, which he didn't do in the end. Afraid of loosing this apt and with the time of my moving out approaching, I fixed an appointment with another agency for another apt. The girl arrived even early at the appointment, she was very professional and showed the apt in every detail. I loved it very much, this morning I sent my references, after 5 minutes she called me back, this afternoon I gave them my deposit.
    In the meantime Mr nice agent called me back still asking me of my email address (which I gave him on Wednesday) and still asking for the money on Friday afternoon before the bank holiday, that means transferring money towards no receipt, nothing on my hands. I didn't say I was taking another apartment as I hadn't given the deposit yet, but I'll tell him on Tuesday. Exactly after two weeks I was chasing him for that apt, while I saw and then took another one in less than 24 hours :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

I hate estate agents. You would not believe the trouble we had with ours (thankfully we are in the apartment now and they pretty much leave us alone).

During the time that we were just signing things/wrapping everything up, I had a missed call from the EA at bout 5.30 saying please call me back asap. So I called her back asap (I was in a work meeting until bout 6.30) so I called her back on her mobile the minute I left my meeting.

She was a complete b*tch and said 'Actually this is my personal time, I don't appreciate getting calls after work hours'.

I was appalled. Some customer service eh! If I spoke to a client like that I'd be fired!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭sushmita

Well this morning I had another appointment with another (3rd) agency for viewing another apt. Yes, it's true that I paid the deposit for one yesterday, but as I had already fixed and appointment with them, and because I don't have the keys of my new apt yet I thought why not? In case something goes wrong, if I like this, I have somewhere to move in.
    Well, I woke up and drove all the way to get there... while the agent didn't show up. Both his mobiles were disconnected, sent a txt, no reply.

I really don't know what to say.

For sure on Tuesday morning I'm going to send an email to him and cc all the staff of the agency. That's far too much

Advertisement