Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DDR2 Ram Upgrade

• 26-07-2009 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Which site would be the cheapest to buy ddr2 ram for my Acer laptop? Need to upgrade from 1GB to either 2/4GB.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

MemoryC are normally good. Quick postage as they are in Kildare.
    Edit:
    The configurator will tell you need. Basically, it'll either be DDR1 or DDR2 SO-DIMMS, once you know, check for the cheapest ones you can on the site, either 2x1GB or 2x2GB. Go for 2x2 if you can, unless money is tight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Try gomemory.co.uk, they have the cheapest 2gb laptop memory I could find:

http://www.gomemory.co.uk/laptop-memory/kingston-2gb-667mhz-ddr2-non-ecc-cl5-sodimm.html

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

Just got 4Gbs for less than 50€ from http://www.crucial.com Waiting on delivery, it's only been a couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jhud

Also try orcalogic.co.uk cheap shipping too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

CFC007 wrote: »
    Which site would be the cheapest to buy ddr2 ram for my Acer laptop? Need to upgrade from 1GB to either 2/4GB.

Thanks in advance

You should also check how much ram your machine can take before you go buying any ram

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

Onkle wrote: »
    You should also check how much ram your machine can take before you go buying any ram

very good point , some dose buying it and you can only support 1g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

deise48 wrote: »
    very good point , some dose buying it and you can only support 1g
    And some will need it in pairs, e.g. 2x512, or 2x1gb

I am not certain but your motherboard BIOS might also be upgradeable, I remember updating mine to allow a bigger HD than originally spec'd for.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Thanks all for the heads up. Still shopping around my system can take upto 4gb ram so I'm either going to go 1gb x 2 or 2gb x2 as its a core duo. I think I'll go with the later to speed things up! I'm sick of it been unresponsive!

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Just got 2x2gb PC2 5300 SODIMM Ram from a seller on ebay for 31euro delivered :)

Advertisement