Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maternity contract

Options
  • 26-07-2009 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm hoping somebody can help me. I'm working on a maternity contract with no end date. It says for the purpose of maternity cover.Does my contract need an end date? It was supposed to end in April but got extended til August and now probably til start of October. In the last month I was transferred to another unit to cover the manager there as I had previously worked this role on a different maternity contract.This time I am still contracted to cover the original maternity on that rate of pay although this new position is a higher position and the previous manager was earning approx €1.50/hr more.
    After querying the rate of pay I was told there was no money to pay me more and the unit didn't need a manager but a supervisor. if the previous manager was not covering a new contract they would be paying them the higher rate so the money has been budgeted for.
    Where do I stand? I'm sorry if this all confusing. My head is wrecked with it all and I just want out. I know everybody is saying recession, no money etc but fair is fair.
    Any advice would be great.

Advertisement