Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death Knight solos Halls of Lightning Heroic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Jesus, how is that possible? I destroy death knights with my retadin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

dlofnep wrote: »
    Jesus, how is that possible?

Blood spec tank with best in slot gear, I'd imagine. I've seen logs of Blood tanks out-healing dedicated raid healers, they can keep themselves healed up amazingly. You can pretty speed your way through a heroic with 1 blood DK and 4 DPS, healers need not apply. :)

Yeah, with extra DPS - I get that, but soloing heroics is insane!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

:( i cant even solo level 70 hc instances ... ( its been a while since ive tried but im sure theres some i cant do )

What class are you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Jesus, how is that possible? I destroy death knights with my retadin.

Yes, bad ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Ooooooh a challenge! I think i'll give that a go after the raid :D

sunzz wrote: »
    Yes, bad ones!

Nope, any Death Knight, unless they have about 800 resil. Then it's a fight.

Think you can do better? Duel me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Epeen

Paladins and death knights should be shifted off to separate servers like the russians were except for downies that face roll.

A death knight and paladin rotation consists of:

1) Place left cheek on A key
    2) Roll face clockwise until right cheek is flat
    3) Repeat

And the sad thing is about paladins and deathknights;

When paladins required skill to play pre 3.0 they were rare. Then they got buffed to **** and they increased in population by 300%. Death knights were OP from the start so everyone rolled one.

LOL I 1 SHOT HIM LOL OMG I SO IMBA PRO!

Blizzard should instead have made deathknights and paladins terrible to get rid of the spackers that play them, so they are left with a decent playerbase and then reward the proper players that actually like the class by buffing them.

Check the Wotlk figures, so many people have quit because blizzards idea of balance is non-existant. PvP is wrecked atm.

Think its gone from 12 million to 6-7 million subscribers. If theyre not careful Aion and other MMOs will ruin WoW :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

What class are you?

lock silience makes me run in fear....

• Advertisement

Epeen wrote: »
    When paladins required skill to play pre 3.0 they were rare.

They weren't really that rare. They just had a different role. They were mostly healers, with some tanks, and buffbots as retri. They'd been ****ed for the whole of TBC. All that 3.0 did was bring them back in a realistic role. OK Retri got a knee jerk OP reaction, but that's been nerfed TO THE GROUND BABY! Now paladins are on par with other tanks. They're getting buffed up the ass next patch, which will make them OP, but at the same time, the holy tree is getting ****ed, and retri is getting messed with again.
    Epeen wrote: »
    Blizzard should instead have made deathknights and paladins terrible to get rid of the spackers that play them, so they are left with a decent playerbase and then reward the proper players that actually like the class by buffing them.

You really need to think before you post stuff like that. You will always have the same player base jumping onto the class of the month. Every time one gets buffed, the numbers increase. The only way to get rid of the 'spackers' that play them would be to do a personality test on everyone who buys the game.

Also, Death Knights were brought into the game as the first Hero Class. Did you honestly think they were going to bring in a weak, underpowered, and altogether useless class? Wouldn't be very heroic would it? It was a novelty added to regenerate some lost interest, and counter the Warhammer hype at the time. Now they're being brought back down with other classes. It's not going to happen overnight. It shouldn't happen overnight. Otherwise what would be the point in adding them as a hero class? People have to get used to them, then get used to the nerfs coming in. A flash in the pan that should be dying out soon.

Seriously though, when you look at tank & dps since the start, Warriors were always the main tank option, and other classes have had to be buffed time and time again to bring them up to scratch with that. It's only now other classes are starting to either reach the same level with warriors or overtake them (Deathknights, and only for the moment).

As for dps, a well geared warlock, mage, hunter, are still going to come up high up on the dps meters. It's not that often I see a DK up there with the rest any more. Maybe it's just the groups i've been playing with. Even rogues are coming out in front of them in the groups i've seen.

But either way, holding up on your point of having good players play these classes, the nerfs should eventually leave only the good players playing these classes. If there are really that many 'spackers' playing them, come the next patch you'll probably find the DK population drop off to 0.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

Blood spec tank with best in slot gear, I'd imagine. I've seen logs of Blood tanks out-healing dedicated raid healers, they can keep themselves healed up amazingly. You can pretty speed your way through a heroic with 1 blood DK and 4 DPS, healers need not apply. :)

Doesn't need best in slot - I did this before when I was half naxx-10 geared. It's just down to the fact that Loken hits like a little girl.

Edit - Thought he did boss, not entire instance :). That's bloody impressive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

How hard can it be, put diseases on and DS/RT spam, then use pestulance with glyph of disease to keep them refreshed and just fill in the blanks with rolling your face across the keyboard.

if i seen another class do it i'd be impressed.

Nope, any Death Knight, unless they have about 800 resil. Then it's a fight.

Think you can do better? Duel me!

I apologize, I forgot you ran 600 resilience and posted on forums looking for 2v2 partners you're obviously skilled in the art of pvp, I wholeheartedly refute my previous statement. :rolleyes:
    Originally Posted by Epeen
    A death knight and paladin rotation consists of:

1) Place left cheek on A key
    2) Roll face clockwise until right cheek is flat
    3) Repeat

I think you're slightly misinformed on how certain classes/specs operate in pvp http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/player this should clear a few things up for you and stop you talking well simply out of your ring.

If you look at the top 100 8% is taken up by dk's I hardly think a percentage of the like suggests that the class dominates pvp in wow, also check retri specs, In s5 (2v2) holy was the dominate spec and very very very few paladins played ret. Dk's tend to dominate 2v2 due to the simple reason they have a lot of defensive cd's with a very short cooldown.

Also this game as stated by blizz is not based around 2v2 nor is it based around 1v1 duels it is a game balanced around 3v3, this is evident in ALL tournaments running 3v3 and also blizzard themselves opting for blizzcon to run 3v3, not to mention making 2v2 obsolete next season.

http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/player/3/all/all/all/all/

Now taking a quick look at the above shows once again that you're flat out wrong. in 3v3 RMP has and always will be the most dominating comp and priest/rogue/mage will flat out always be in the top3/4 represented classes in pvp
    Out of the 3 teams that have hit arena cap (3000) Not one dk exists in those teams. for a class that you call faceroll I can assure you its greeted with arms wide open when seen in 3's.

I apologize, I forgot you ran 600 resilience and posted on forums looking for 2v2 partners you're obviously skilled in the art of pvp, I wholeheartedly refute my previous statement. :rolleyes:

Duel me and find out!

Granted not all dk's are facerolling, you can always spot a good DK over someone who is literally smashing everything off cooldown. But the vast majority are a bunch of retards playing a easy class to do well with.

Yea, I'll transfer from my server to duel someone.

Anti, what exactly makes dk's an easy class to play?

Excuses!

Not really, feel free to check my armory/gear/rating you'll understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I think that is on a private server :P

• Advertisement

Not really, feel free to check my armory/gear/rating you'll understand.

I'll still own you, like a pet.

:(

lol :)

Anti, what exactly makes dk's an easy class to play?

The fact that a unskilled DK can literally macro all of their abilities to random keys on their keyboard and slap away at it like a mad yoke ignoring any type of rotation and proc and still do pretty well.

Now im not saying your like this, as your gear clearly shows you know how to play the class, but even you have to admit 90% of the 'tards play dk's these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭smithcity

Would the words, "Relax, it's just a game. Enjoy it!" cause a deluge of abuse?

yea but you also have to understand you're only as good as the people you're playing. I mean if i seen a dk in arena not using any sort of co-ordinated rotation, and spamming ANYTHING im pretty sure id just leave him be and go kill whoever he had with him, I've also seen arena vids of naked rogues dominate people :D

I know plenty of horrible players who play dk's I also know plenty of horrible players that play mages/locks/ele shammies :D
    stun fear immolate chaos conflag dead :D

There are and always will be classes that dominate a certain season, but what most people are missing is blizz and most of the competitive pvpers who play this game really couldn't give a donkeys about 2v2 as its more likely who queues the longest gets the highest rating :D 3's is where its at and where its staying and as we're quite frankly very under represented in 3's I don't see why everyone moans :( for instance when i see a dk on my rmp team i jump for joy, once lichbourne/amz is used its free cc for the duration of the game until we blow up his partner or him :D

I don't think dk's are an easy class to master tbh, there's a lot going on in the class, sure people can do relatively well with them but being competent with them is a whole new story. What people are hanging onto was last season, behing hit 30 yards away by 6 icy touches hitting for a minimum of 4k
    its not like that any more :(

Btw, I'm not saying I don't play a facerolling comp I play frost dk/druid and i have the sigil, I hit warriors with 800+ resil for 9k frost strikes and i know the first two i unload are crits its pretty daunting when you know the healer is going to be out of the game for at LEAST 20 seconds and im doing that dmg but i'd like to see another dk faceroll to the stats we have in 2v2 101-5 and we had 2 dc's :( btw, I don't like 2's just doing it for gladiator and the pew pew drake :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

/Target smithcity
    /Cast Deluge of Abuse(Rank 7)
    /Gloat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭magilly

Sunz, i bet if some1 in RL said to you that DK's were **** you'd try and smash em up ! lol

Mr Dknight.

They are a piss easy class to do well with tho.... If your crap you obviously wont be going 1600+... but still.

PPL always forgot that arena's are not the only form of PVP in wow....

Like it or not, there are ALOT more people in BG's right now than in a arena, so blizzard have to balance 1v1 more than you think. Even world PVP has to be considered. DK's rape just about everything in 1v1.... which isnt right.

Check this, i was about to tank HC CoS, was the only person there trying to get into the instance (Stupid cant launch instance ****) and 4 alliance came, T8 rogue (He had that alien head) + warrior tank + Spriest + hunter..... i popped army of the dead, put them on the hunter and then nuked the priest. they both died within 10 secs, the rogue and warrior were slightly behind. Then i raped both the rogue and warrior at the same time with heartstrikes and deceases, warrior took abit more time than the rogue but still.... that should not be possible, even if they were all in greens.

Fair enough the rogue had no poison on and i could pretty much heal myself to full with runetaps and ****, but i hardly even play my DK. My DK has like 4/5 valor + 1 conq, 34k hp.

Don't think i've shown anger in anyway what-so-ever in this thread, just the fact people don't know dk's and how to beat them seems to get vented through everyone's posts. Nothing wrong with a bit of debate even if the forums dead, so, BRING IT ON :D

Im sorry magilly but
    They are a piss easy class to do well with tho.... If your crap you obviously wont be going 1600+... but still

You should have done yourself a favor and stopped typing after the above.

Blizzard do not and have never stated the game is balanced behind 1v1.
    Blizzard make VAST amounts of money in 3v3, this is why its the focused bracket by blizz, forcing people into it next season by cutting 2v2 titles/weapons/shoulders etc, the revenue that blizz get from tournament realm players is insane. Do you see 2v2 tounraments, 1v1 tounrnaments, battleground tournaments :rolleyes:

I play a dk, I also play a mage and I've played a paladin and druid, all of which have been or are high rated, I don't mean 1600 btw. I can assure you when it comes to the bracket that matters we come up short. You cant moan about 1v1 or battlegrounds when trying to say a class is overpowered. Every class has its counters, for me its simply a well played frost mage/insect swarm druid/protholy pala that dominate me and i dont get close to winning.

Dk's have plenty of soft counters in 2v2 as well, resto shammy/x destro/healer feral/priest mage/priest all of which if played correctly are stupidly hard fights, Want to kill dispell teams and cleansing totems :(

It really isn't an overpowered class, ask any of the rmp teams that farm them at every major 3v3 tournament :D

• Advertisement

I'd love a 1v1 tournament. Not many i'd lose against.

Advertisement