Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bróg madness... again

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Ha ha the city would implode, bouncer's thinking "But you're... in ..... jeans?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Slippery slope, first tracksuits, then frigging pyjamas. If I were the barman I would have made the same call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

gimmick wrote: »
    Slippery slope, first tracksuits, then frigging pyjamas. If I were the barman I would have made the same call.

Can't be too careful, gimmick. You never know what kind of rotters will walk through your door. But at least know their most likely attire.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Ah you got to love being turned away from the Bróg, yet if you were wearing your Smiths tshirt that hasnt been washed since 1997 and hair all messy they're only too happy to leave you in on a Saturday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

raah! wrote: »
    Isn't beamish a stout though? Or is it a beer? If it's a beer I'll most certainly invest in some beamish in the future... that is to say, er, I'll drink it ..

with talk like that you should probably take cork out of the location section of your avatar.
    its clearly a lie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

The location section refers to where you are, not whether or not you know about beers or something. Being from Cork means you are from cork, not how well you can aproximate the stereotypes appropriate to it.

Yer average Cork biy probably wouldn't approve of internet forums either, perhaps ye should remove the location parts from your avatars too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭gccorcaigh

DamienH wrote: »
    Hmm still not convinced it's a good policy. It's pretty backward thinking, what if scumbags started wearing jeans!?

Haha they do.... the girls wear stonewashed cheap jeans that barely cover their a*ses,usually accessorised with a pair of Nike Air Max Runners, a playboy vest top and those classy huge fake gold earrings!! ... and the guys wear those awful jeans that look like someone poured bleach down the front of them, oh and lets not forget a diamonte earring (trying to be Ronaldo) and a Ben Sherman shirt!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

mutul8 wrote: »
    Thats the manager Niall - and he is far from cool - the £$%£$%£$

(Dont be mentioning names please)
    - Castie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

raah! wrote: »
    Isn't beamish a stout though? Or is it a beer? If it's a beer I'll most certainly invest in some beamish in the future... that is to say, er, I'll drink it ..

Stout indeed. Perhaps stronger than other Stouts so it might be better to start with Guinness. Acquired taste. Makes you look manly :D

Whataya usually drink?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

In pubs I really only drink beer (lager that is) , and even then not many. Usually we are all good and drunk before we ever leave the house :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

Hazys wrote: »
    Tracksuit pants are for sport.

Why would any self-respecting adult where tracksuit pants in public? Because they are comfortable? Gimme a break, put on a pair of parachute pants then.

Tell your buddie to dress like an adult the next time he goes to the pub.

ah yes, tracksuit pants are for sport eh?

but sure carpets are for floors, curtains are for windows, dreadlocks are for jamaican reggae singers, and yellow/purple/pink/green/bright red hair dye are for nothing, that doesnt stop them being worn by the average brog crusty

i suppose thats what passes for dressing like an adult nowadays though :P

in all seriousness though, the brog attempting to claim any sort of a dress code is a pretty strange concept

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Haru

indough wrote: »
    in all seriousness though, the brog attempting to claim any sort of a dress code is a pretty strange concept

I loled at that part. I've seen all types of individuals in that pub. And I wouldn't wear my best clothes in there, considering the amount of pints that end up on the floor/clothes.

Advertisement