Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Location D7, D15 recommend somewhere?

Options
  • 26-07-2009 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I recently got a job in Maynooth and was looking to live around the train line in Dublin to there. Some places that stand out are Phoenix Park Racecourse, Ashtown and Castleknock.

Can people give me some feedback on these areas? Thinking of living there due to the proximity of the city centre and work. The good areas etc?

Or would someone recommend other areas?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

d15 or d7 are both handy for the train. obviously d7 is closer to town but renting there is more expensive from what i've seen on daft. traffic can be bad a peak hours in castleknock. ashtown is apts only, personally i wouldn't like living there, kind of souless, take a trip on the 37 bus from blanch village and you will pass the apts in the phoenix park, a lot of it is an abondoned building site, horrible view to have to wake up to.

farmleigh in castleknock has nice apts, but pricey. have a good look around, don't pay the asking price, knock 10% off if your going to sign up for a year. avoid agencies if possible and deal directly with the LL.

Advertisement